View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Brian Inc
FFR Player

Default Regarding the recovery a 'lost' account...

I've been around this site for years, and my account before this one, which I mistakenly forgot the password to, hasn't been accessed by me for nearly 2 years (maybe more), and it's still under the 2000k overall rank- just meaning that I was pretty prevalent for the time, top 200ish player. But of course, with a large absence, I'm sure I've created a margin I'll have to close again...>___<

ANYWAYS!

I know my username as well as the email address it was assigned to. I have forgotten the password, of course, so once I get the invalid password or username screen, I click the password recovery link. I then fill it out with the 100% correct information, because I am then told that it is going to send the email address the missing information:

"Your username and details about how to reset your password have been sent to you by email. You will now be returned to where you were before."

The standard stuff...Well, I've been ready to get back into FFR for a month or so now, so I've been trying to recover this account for obvious reasons. So I have been sending my email in about once a week for a month now, and the big problem is I never get a response. FFR never emails me. I don't understand it. I could make an alternative profile, use the same email address with a small change, same email site, and I would receive the information almost automatically.

It might be a technical problem, my account might have gone too far into the abyss to recover (almost 2 years of inactivity), or I am doing something wrong.
Any ideas?

And thank you for your time.
Brian Inc is offline   Reply With Quote