View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #695
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 463: DAYTONA by Pusha T

Am I gonna review all these Kanye-affiliated albums? Almost definitely not, but I felt at least obligated to listen to this one because beef, and because I hate Drake.

I enjoyed this more than the releases that Kanye (why do I bother with this bold shit?) actually rapped on, but only marginally. Some of the same issues occur, like when the songs don't exactly sound cohesive, even if the individual parts sound marvelous on their own (the sung part in Santeria (fuck Sublime) and Come Back Baby).

Ignoring this fact though, this still feels a lot more satisfying than the other two albums with the aforementioned affiliation, avoiding the demo-esque feeling of ye (well, for the most part, funny how the song we hear the producer rap on is the one that somehow feels the least complete) or the felt missed potential in Kids See Ghosts. I shouldn't just judge this comparatively, though. Standing on its own, this album has very little filler even if some parts don't gel and stays enjoyable and engaging for the length of a South Park episode, unlike South Park. Good album.

Best Track: the first one
Rating: 7.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote