View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 04:18 PM   #80
riktoi
FFR Player

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
I’m not talking about patterning, although even in the case of patterning, it still had to be consistent and make coherent sense for the chart. the problem I have is allowing ghost notes, and charting to vague sounds which practically don’t exist.
Quite a big amount of dumps are easy to understand if you care to look at them. It's not any different from looking at a "technically" accurate chart. This has been pointed out in this thread multiple times.

Quote:
take image material from fullereneshift for example. the handstream is literally just stepped to the singing. you can now pmuch take any random song and make it into a 120 difficulty chart just by going off the vague sounds it makes.
Is that a bad thing? Fullerene Shift is in no way an official release, and hence does not have to meet standards. You can judge it however you like, but ultimately it will fall to deaf ears. The least you can do is try to understand why it is charted that way.

Quote:
as a stepartist, what’s the point of even searching for a song to step? I remember searching for charts to step and listen to the song thinking “ooh this would make a good chart”, but now that makes no sense because you can make the same kind of chart with any song you choose.
Good. Searching for songs just to fit an arbitrary criteria of chartability takes an immense amount of time! Just being able to pick a song you like and dumping it feels great. It's purely a plus that a bigger variety of music can be (and will be) charted this way, even if you personally didn't like it. After all, nothing stops you from continuing your own way.

Last edited by riktoi; 08-23-2022 at 04:21 PM..
riktoi is offline   Reply With Quote