View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #77
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
I don't think you've properly demonstrated how it ruins anything because they are, in fact, just like any other chart in game. Many files in FFR use different philosophies on how to approach patterning already- the diversity of approach is already there, this specific classification just hasn't been explored quite as much as other approaches.

Your entire argument appears to be based on an assertion that dump charting is inherently a lower class of file than a literally interpreted take on a file and until you can go to show that, I don't believe your assertions hold any serious merit.

As stated previously by another poster- if dumps are truly a lesser form of chart, you should have no problems showing how a file like Rainshower is flawed. Perhaps doing so would give you a bit more ground to stand on.
I don’t know what rainshower is.

I’m not talking about patterning, although even in the case of patterning, it still had to be consistent and make coherent sense for the chart. the problem I have is allowing ghost notes, and charting to vague sounds which practically don’t exist.

take image material from fullereneshift for example. the handstream is literally just stepped to the singing. you can now pmuch take any random song and make it into a 120 difficulty chart just by going off the vague sounds it makes.

as a stepartist, what’s the point of even searching for a song to step? I remember searching for charts to step and listen to the song thinking “ooh this would make a good chart”, but now that makes no sense because you can make the same kind of chart with any song you choose.

Last edited by klimtkiller; 08-23-2022 at 03:30 PM..
klimtkiller is offline   Reply With Quote