View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #502
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: New Song Artist's Special Batch - Submission Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I should also add that I also say this because so far every time there has been a new batch there has been a shit storm in the threads.
[Nostalgia]

Call it a mess, a shit storm or whatever, to me, it's part of FFR and is necessary in the community life.

Take fireworks for example. When they happen, everybody gets together in order to get a chance to see them. After having a good time, they all try to scatter back to their home - which is, every time, a mess, a shit storm, etc. There's no way around it. When the streets are a mess, you know there's a firework, and vice versa.

[/Nostalgia]

People react violently over anybody who could keep them waiting because they're anxious to see how well they did. In the end, this hate which can be directed at the staff comes from the love the members have for their game and community. It can't be said otherwise: At times, we hate you because we love you.

So here's my thesis as of now: Go on with the secret board, it's all fine. However, when there's a "shit storm", it's not because we're taking the batch as an opportunity to spam our beloved board, and staff/mods/judges/admins/anybody should keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 08-20-2011 at 09:18 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote