View Single Post
Old 02-3-2015, 11:24 PM   #158
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 97: New World by Mord Fustang (Album Choice: Arkuski)

Okay, this is an EP under a genre called Complextro. What the hell is that? That's the stupidest name for a genre I've ever heard, or second worst next to crunkcore. Or third worst, next to deathcore. Or fourth worst, next to brostep. Actually there are a lot of horrible genre names. Anyways, time to a listening.

Eh, let's just do this one track-by-track:

A New World: Chiptunes + dubstep bass tones + chopped up vocals = I don't really care about this track. Is this what Complextro is? Man, such a stupid genre name.
Lick the Rainbow: Follows the same formula as the last track, but is much more danceable. Thus, it's better.
Milky Way: Not as good as the last track, better than the first. Not as chiptune-y as the others.
Super Meat Freeze: If it wasn't for the dubstep parts, this would remind me a lot of Homework. That's still the best Daft Punk album I don't care what you say about Discovery you're wrong.
The Electric Dream: CRAP MY HOT CHOCOLATE FELL OVER IN THE MICROWAVE

Well, this was okay. I'm not a dubstep fan, but those parts were minimal, the rest of the parts were good old electro house, which is a genre I find for the most part perfectly passable (some of it is really good, but most of it sounds insipid if not pleasant enough). While I clean up this hot chocolate I'll say that this made me want to dance like a dimwit more than a few times, which hopefully was the goal. Also worth noting, that's still a horrible genre name.

I think my ELA teacher is a casualty of the Woodstock epidemic of LSD brain-frying that man is completely bonkers.

Best Track: Lick The Rainbow
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote