bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

August 28, 2012

Judge Team 1

00Razor00

Note: All times are in seconds. Beats and measure do *not* apply.

===Re-submissions===

Enchanting Venus (Elite Ninja)
Score: Score: 6/10 [+.]

• Layering is a bit on the heavy side for such a somewhat tame song... PR in the melody could use a bit of work.
• Missing jumps at 97.993, 98.273, 100.226, 100.505, 100.924, etc. Pretty inconsistent.

Ongyilkos Vasarnap (mi40)
Score: 7/10 [+.]

• Looking back at my previous review on this, you seem to have fixed up a lot of the things I pointed out, really well done!
• Chart seems to look and play a lot better than it did before. Although, it's still empty (primarily due to song's fault), it's pretty nice
and cleanly executed.

===Regular submissions===

8-Bit Purple Comet (Reshiram)
Score: 4/10 [+?]

• Offset changed to 2.100 from 2.090. (+0.010)
• Usage of sub-beats breaks the sync on your chart starting at 69.021 all the way to the end.
• Color theory attempt seemed to be thought out, but didn't really come out the way you intended it to be.
• No real mistakes found in your note placement and structure, but refer to the first point on how to fix this.

A Lifetime (F-777 ReMiX) (PrawnSkunk)
Score: 6/10 [+.]

• Offset changed to 2.083 from 2.093. (-0.010)
• Unnecessary coloring at 2.805. Rest of it is acceptable.
• 32.324: Paying attention to the low pitched synth and PR'ing like you did here would've looked better in the following sections. Otherwise, it looks sloppy and out of place.
• Starting at 46.401, PR could be improved. Random broken 16th bits on the wobs look sloppy and it seems like you didn't bother in making these neat.
• 77.785+: Hand usage is questionable; chart drags on with same pattern concepts and is a real bore.

Cloud of Darkness (pmonibuv1)
Score: 5/10 [+.]

• Offset changed to 1.035, from 1.000. (+0.035)
• 5.034: Inconsistent pattern usage. No jumps on the 4ths here, but later in the file they're found on this same percussive instrument.
• Chart has a ton of anchored stream with repeating notes that have little to no relevancy to the music whatsoever.
• Missing 16ths after 28.196 and 58.856.
• Missing jump at 37.361?
• 24th drum rolls starting at 61.023 are continuous and do not have a break at 61.356. Could've filled in a bunch of other percussion
going on in this area as well.
• Pattern choice needs to be drastically improved in this chart; missed notes, anchored stream, could use a revmap.

Alchemy (SKG_Scintill)
Score: 8/10 [+]

• Offset changed to 0.250 from 0.236 (+0.014)
• Add a 32nd to 10.736, you accent this later on in the file, so do it anyway.
• Outstanding chart. Solos were very well synced; very fun and everything seems to fall in place nicely. (And cut + fade out the rest of the song, btw.)

altmirrorbell (ca25nada)

• 75.836, 85.195: Always becareful of using hands after rolls; framer issues could arise upon conversion of the file and lead to nasty gameplay.
• A lot of the climatic 32nd rolls have ghost jumps and aren't very friendly to hit. Tone them down a bit?
• Otherwise, excellent chart. Please submit more!

Arsonist (Kommisar)

• Seems a bit repetitive in some areas, otherwise, neatly done!
• The swing is sexy, no doubt. Jumpgluts will be a nuisance to some players, but shouldn't be too bad. Good stuff.

Ascension to Heaven (iironiic)

• This is how I expect every Acension to Heaven file to look like. -__-
• Chart starts out pretty decent. Dug the bpm changes and the ~expressivemanias~ going on in those areas.
• Starting at 20.430, first jump isn't even a hand, already disappointed. Hand usage is tolerable through out the next 10-15 seconds.
• We start heading south towards 56.430 with exaggerated pattern concepts; anchored hand stream into a 32nd burst. Tone it done some.
• 102.030: Hand usage no longer becomes tolerable and instead becomes overkill, and turns this second half almost into a dump........
• Re-work some of your hand usage. This really doesn't need to be omgsuperhard to express the song well.

asdfmovie song (Niala)

• The chart was going so great, until I reached the 32nd parts at 81.736. Completely ruined the flow ;__;
• Really nice color association you had going in areas of the file. Song was a bit repetitive, but I enjoyed this outside of the first point.

Ball of Malt v2 (DossarLX ODI)

• Missing 8th at 3.813
• Nothing really out of place here. Should make for a decent v2 skill token.

BF2014 (Choofers)

• I'm actually surprised this file turned out to be rather decent. Props on not making this another generic jumpstream Sharpnel file.
• Pitch relevancy was rather weird starting at 110 seconds, but nothing too bad as the rest of the chart makes up for this.

Bloody Tears (hi19hi19)

• 64.191: Missing a couple of notes on this trill; feels/sounds incomplete
• The 32nd/24th runs in this chart are really nice to hit; flowed really well, should be a fun challenge.
• No real errors found, structure and pattern concepts seem to have been thought out exceptionally well. Good job.
• Also, S.S.H. is gay. Stop stepping it.

Boooring! (Blindreper1179)
Score: Score: 5/10 [+.]

• Offset changed to 0.050 from 0.020 (+0.30)
• 33.549: Missing jump. Don't accent bass hits if you're going to leave them all out when they occur.
• 43.109: Do you not know how to make proper 16th drum patterns? What the hell is this? Awkward runningman concept with an awful transition.
• 43.991: You forgot to accent the rest of the "Boooring" sample.
• Rest of the chart includes really amateurish attemps at keeping the song interesting, using awkward patterns and weird concepts of
accentuating certain sounds.

Breed Again (Brilliant Dynamite Neon)

• Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I'd appreciate this file more if it was cut around the 2 minute mark.
• Layering scheme could've been varied up some instead of mainly focusing on the drums. (Lyrics can be layered too, y'know)
• Minor/awkward mini-jack patterns and 24th bits. Nothing really much else to say.

Calling (bmah)

• Really awesome song. I loved the vocals in this a lot, haha.
• Chart is flows well, and expresses the song nicely. Albeit, it does feel kind of empty, it's alright.

Can't Hide Your Love (Kommisar)

• Takin' it back to the old days with all the trills, aren't we?
• Very fun and challenging chart. Nothing to really complain about besides some of the anchored trills being aids and
a couple of awkward left handed patterns towards the end (around 1500c?), but nothing too bad. Good stuff.

Carol of the Bells (yo man im awesome)

• 39.203: Layering is exaggerated here. Stick to layering one sound at a time, and not everything going on at once.
• 51.203: Really awkward runningmen styled patterns, 4th jumps are going to what again?
• 76.221: Drum sounds are completely different here. No need to continue on with repeating 16th notes; jumptrill is overkill at the end.
• 86.893+: lol no
• Dumpy in certain areas; awkward 16th transitions, layering is hard to follow, doesn't really flow well and lacks structure

Catch that Train (Kongfish)

• "The difficulty should be one of these (Light, Standard, Heavy, Challenge). Don't use Beginner and Edit."
• Missing 4th jumps at 12.216, 14.783, 17.716, 23.583, 23.949, 35.683, 36.049, 38.249, 41.183, 44.116, and 47.049.
• Song ends on the 16th before the last note.
• This song has really nothing to offer; boring 8th runs that do not flow, inconsistent layering and overall a really shotty chart.

Celestica (Brilliant Dynamite Neon)

• Nothing out of place here, seems rather decent although really boring and nothing to offer.

Center Piercing (bmah)
Score: 9/10 [+]

• 36.395: WHY NO 16THS STEPPED HERE AND THE FEW SECONDS AFTER?
• 84.728: asdkl;dfpoqruj9e30uijkop unf
• This chart made me really wet. On a more serious note, really fun to play and the song was awesome as ****. :')

C'est la Vie (dore)

• Protest the Hero <3
• Very fun! You really know how to make PtH look good, haha. Ending was cool.
• A couple of awkward left handed runs here and there, but nothing too bad. Good job.

Child Protective Services Theme Song (alloyus)

• 11.135: Layering is pretentious; jumps on main beats would've sufficed.
• You have a ton of awkward 24th bursts in this chart. (See: 14.663, and the sections where you blatantly copy and paste the same burst
in other areas)
• 21.988, 24.339: No 16ths stepped here?
• 37.182: Pitch relevancy is terrible in this area. Song quality is garbage and is hard to tell what's going to what outside of the obvious
16th synthline.
• 82.762: 16ths could've been added here. Climax theory is always good, quit intentionally leaving out things that can make the chart
NOT boring.
• Weird song, mediocre chart. Could use a bit of work.

Colibri (Niala)

• This chart is sex.
• Not much to say, really. It's a bit on the repetitive side, but pretty straight forward for the most part and really fun to play through.

Crow's Ghost (mi40)

• 72.585: 16th jump should be moved up to an 8th.
• 74.848: You can shave off the 48th at the end of this burst; it's unnecessary and makes this bit awkward.
• 77.243: These hands don't sound like the ones used a couple of notes above this; trim to jumps.
• 119.243: Jump jacks are gross and completely unwarranted; leave as jumptrill.
• 148.611: Single note trill plz.
• Lots of awkward 16th breaks, spotty layering, and weird burst patterns. Chart flows somewhat well, but the overall structure
and pattern choice can definitely be improved. A couple of tweaks here and there would make this a whole lot better.

Cutthroat (AlexDest)

• Missing 16th at 67.012. 1234[12] works, kk.
• Otherwise, cool shit. Obnoxious coloring on the 32nd rolls, but lol ~pitch relevancy~

Cybertron (Cedolad)
Score: [PASS]

Day's End (Zakvvv666)

• Despite this boring me half way through, it's seems solid for the most part. I'd recommend a cut.
• Flows well albeit a bit of spotty layering during the 32nd trills (mainly the piano bits), otherwise, nothing erroneous. Good job.

Deify (TheSaxRunner)

• Beginning requires 2 seconds of silence.
• 22.281, 31.430: why are these jumps? they were single notes before, and they continue to be afterwards......
• 106.909: Layering becomes exaggerated/pretentious; questionable hand usage and ghost jumps.
• Inconsistent layering across the entire chart; sync is a bit drifty and song is slightly repetitive.

Discord (nickcool99999)
Score: 0/10 [--][/size]

• This isn't StepMania. You cannot step whatever the **** you want and submit it to FFR. There's a thread in which contains a list of
blanket PERMISSIONS from artists that you are allowed to step from. Try reading it sometime.
• Also, this chart is absolutely terrible. Again, this isn't StepMania, keep your dumps AWAY from the FFR submissions email.

Discord [The Living Tombstone's Remix] (Xiz)

• Heavy layering everywhere!!!!!!! Not really suitable for the song either... Tone it down some, or maybe a large portion of it..
• Repetitive as all hell and layering could use some work. There are other ways to keep it interesting; overlayering isn't one of them.

Dizzay (Xayphon)

• 126.509: ajdklaji9234kadl;kad'sl;;lads
• Fun chart. A bit bursty and tricky in some areas, but really do-able and should make for an interesting challenge.

Doubt (DarkZtar)

• Lots of copy and paste and mirror going on in this chart. (Pretty easy to tell, btw)
• Awkward 32nd bits such at 39.514, 41.360, etc.
• Not a fan of the mini-jacks crowded in between aggressive layering during the breakbeat sections; bpm changes were nicely used and were fitting.
• Song's pretty cool, chart's alright. Not my cup of tea, but it's nothing too bad.

[b]Down Temperature[b/] (DossarLX ODI vs. icontrolyourworld)

• Pretty cool chart. Not sure if the sub-beats were intentional or not (bpm gimmicks?), but this was fun to play through.
• The long anchors starting at 66.844 are a bit harsh, and the intro to each set is a bit messy as well.
• 16th jumpstream areas felt a bit out of place to me (sounds more like 24ths?) (assuming these were the icyworld parts of the collab, hehe)

dr1 (hi19hi19)

• Reality v2 anyone?
• On a more serious note, this was pretty fun. Hard pain 220+bpm 16ths galore, although the 8th jumps kinda ruin it a bit...
• Not much else to say, pretty straight forward.. should be awesome if it gets in. (Also, stop stepping S.S.H.)

Dreamerz; Machines Will Fall (rayword45)

• Spotty layering starting at 20.282; no clue what your 8th jumps are going to, and you have 4th notes going in and out of the place.
• 48th roll doesn't actually start until 22.082.
• I don't get why you choose not to step the bg snare at 24.182, but you do in the follow section after this.
• 41.282 - 32nd notes, not 48ths...... Slow the song down and listen carefully next time..
• Roll starts at 47.249. Your note placement is extremely late.
• 76.482 - Drum roll starts on an 8th, and they're 48ths, not 32nds.
• Inconsistent layering, entire chart is off by a 24th note and spotty note placement are pretty much what sums this file up in a nutshell. Mix up your jump
patterns; repetitive and really boring.

EAR - Jeh Jeh Slammin' (Extended Mix) (Charu)

• 19.720: Music doesn't really account for 8th note chains; best as separate/spread out runs.
• 43.007: REALLY ugly burst. ALWAYS keep them straight. (1234, 4231, 2341, 4321, etc.)
• 46.363, 49.720: Missed jumps. When stepping vocals, always account for each syllable.
• 71.748: Don't see why you stopped layering the 4ths here; nothing's changed... (See 83.496 as well)
• 86.853: Missed 4th jump.
• Really solid attempt at a first chart. You seem to have the basics down, which is a great thing. Your pattern choice could definitely
use some improvement. Always try to keep your notes close together; having them all over the place really makes for an awkward chart,
where as keeping the flow and having a nice structure for the song is vital. Song's a bit repetitive, a bit of spotty layering and a couple
of missed notes keep me from giving this a passing score.

Endless Tewi-ma Park (Zakvvv666)

• Pretty fun Wapanese file. Song is a squeal-fest and not my cup of tea; really straight forward and not much to say, honestly... Some of the 16ths
could've been thought out a bit more.. but it's all good.

Enjoyable Fruit (Elite Ninja)

• 90.060, 96.460, etc.: Stop making anchored 16th breaks; repeating 8th notes do not go to anything...
• 102.460: 48ths are actually off here. Keep them as 8ths, or make them white. They don't fit correctly as they do in the intro.
• Repetitive/anchored 16th breaks, nothing really exciting, but solid outside of these small bits.

Entry (DossarLX ODI)

• Wasn't expecting this to be dubstep, lol.
• Chart-wise, nothing really much to say. It was solid all around.
• PR was nice at 65.9+, dug the accentuation of the wubs at 73.213 and in the sections after it... Just really good. Nice job.

Erase Us (VisD)

• Really awkward jack patterns at 38.550+.
• I'm sure you could've been a bit more creative starting at 48.150, but instead lets just dump 16th streams all over the place
with lyrics layered in shitty, unnecessary coloring for 20+ seconds!
• Song and chart repeat with the same (copy-pasted) concepts as above.

Extratone Pirates (t-rogdor)

F [Xi] (Jake Ferguson)

• Oh man, where do I begin.......
• 18.700: Upsetting you didn't step the roll here.
• 19.744: PR is decent, although very spotty when going down the octaves...
• 32.738: Could've made for some really interesting polyrhythms here if the 12ths were added... otherwise this is just another
boring section with plain 16ths..
• 41.352: Random 12th jump?
• 57.535: Backwards PR.
• 72.451: Please note that there isn't a continuous 4th beat in the background, therefore you have tons of ghost jumps here;
only to assume that you copy and pasted this section without listening to it first.
• 96.561: See 18.700.
• 108.540: Synth is too faint to keep stepping; pick the more prominent sound.
• Chart is a huge let down and does the song ZERO justice. Revamp is necessary.

F+ToG (~Zeta~)

Lightning Strikes Again/Metal Squad (Kommisar)

• The first 35 seconds were beautiful. I think I shed a tear. :')
• Rest of the chart was pretty straight forward. A bit on the repetitive side, but damn... the solos are too good
to pass up, haha. Anyway, good shit.

Overdrive (psychoangel691)

• Really impressed how you managed to keep this interesting without the holds/bpm gimmicks outside of the TS/SM version.
• Chart's pretty decent. I find the jump jacks to be a bit overkill, but that's just me.. Overall, straight-forward, fitting and well done.

Posers Listen to Fakebit Music (AlexDest)
Score: 9/10 [+]

• This chart is ****ing legit... I don't even...

Soulcrusher (megamon88)

• No real commentary needed. Straight forward, fun to play through and dat speedup......... so weird because
the file before this one also has a 340bpm speedup.......... either way... good shit. Keep it up.

Vortex (Choofers)

• Holy, this chart is really interesting. It's about time someone stepped some REAL IDM, haha.
• A lot of the bursts in here are really brutal, and might make for nasty conversion once in the game.. be wary of your pattern usage.
• Second half of the chart really gets intense (at around 171.xxx) which makes for a really fun and interesting challenge. Overall,
this is pretty decent. Some patterns could use minor tweaks (and i'm sure this'll require frame fixes) but enjoyable for the most part.

MarioNintendo

I GIVE PICTURES OF SEARCH RESULTS FOR THE NAME OF YOUR SONG IF YOU GET A 9/10 AND HIGHER FROM ME. YOU GIVE ME A GOOD CHART? I GIVE YOU A GOOD LAUGH. FAIR AND SQUARE. IF YOU GET A PICTURE THAT SHOWS SM STUFF, THOUGH, BE DISAPPOINTED.

8-bit Purple Comet

I'm kind of torn apart on this one. First off, I think the song is great and has a lot of potential. A lot of steps you had were spot on and great. But, at the same time, the biggest issue I have with this is that what we're playing seems out of place compared to what we hear. Before you say anything, yes, your steps are accurate and, yes, I don't mean that in a way that you have ghost arrows and whatnot. I mean that you emphasized notes that weren't always the obvious pick, and that's a problem. For one, you used colour theory a lot, but it made your file look like an overall mess. Instead of helping us know what arrow went to what sound, it just looked like you wanted to put colour all over the place. Those arrows like the one at 24.790s for those long notes… What do they add to the chart? Quite frankly, they add nothing because you have so many of them.
Also, to be noted, I found your empty gaps quite perplexing (40.899s, 60.473s), as you could've added some much needed layering there instead of colour notes. It would also make the whole chart more coherent in its difficulty.
Last thing, it's a detail, but it's there in your whole chart, so I'll take time to mention it. Look at 3.306s, there's a small stream of 16th notes playing that you didn't acknowledge. But then, you step them at 4.928s. But then, you re-drop them at 6.549s… It's like that the whole time. Please brush this off, it's pretty aggravating
Please fix your sync if needed, around the last half it gets pretty draggy on my sm.

In conclusion, you had good ideas, but you omitted some important parts. I think you should rework your chart before getting it in.
(6/10)

A Lifetime (F-777 ReMix)

- Good length, good song choice, that was great and contributed to the fun factor of the file (the jumps were energetic, made your whole body want to dance, etc.)!
- Careful about your jumps in the beginning, I personally think some of them would be best as single arrows (7.631s being the most obvious)
- Drum PR is not a thing we often talk about, but it's lacking around 16.862s a lot in your chart. You chose a "(34)444-3" sort of pattern, but try it out as "(34)414-3" instead. The left arrow I added acknowledges the fact the "drummer" changes the snare he's using. Just listen, you'll pick it up. It's important that you change it because this whole part of your chart (until 31.632s) feels off because of that
- You had hands in there, but none of them are justified. They sound the same as jumps. That's a mistake and they should be removed.
- At 31.632s, you managed to make a repetitive part not repetitive by varying your patterns, but just be careful as your PR is not always optimal. You should brush it off.
- 48.427s and 50.093s, … why jumps there!?

File was still fun overall, just needs a bit of work
(6/10)

Alchemy

I haven't got many things to say about this, mostly that some of the solos seem a bit exaggerated in the amount of notes we have to press (you make slides as "1234"… woa :P), but that is an insane chart. Good job. I hate how the song ends, though, I guess it's important to let you know (jk)

(8/10)

AltMirrorBell

Wow, that is one hardcore song. I really liked what I saw there, even though you had a few mean minijacks and jumps. The part that influenced the score, though, was 131.735s. That's just BS. The amount of jumps you've got there is insane and doesn't correlate to the song at all! But I digress. Aside from that, it's legit!

(7/10)

Arsonist

Parts like 84.001s are accurate, but they're pretty hard for a sound so low, they don't really belong compared to the rest of the genius you stepped there. I'd say about 20% of the jumps had that problem. I loved the chart, but some jumps were too much. I can't give a full 8, so a 7 will have to do for now.

(7/10)

Ascension to Heaven

Holy sweet JESUS. People can play files like that nowadays? Sorry, I just can't believe it. This is handstream, there is no way in hell someone can AAA that… The whole song is a difficulty spike! /rant
Seriously, though, what you stepped was coherent, but I don't believe in that kind of charts. It's so dense, so unforgiving, just look at 102.030s… holy christ! I'll give it a 7 so that, if the other judges find anything in it, it'll pass, but, otherwise, this hand stream you've got should be reworked.

(7/10)

asdfmovie song

I could play this song any time of the day. This is just brilliant. The way your steps feel, how you used your colours, it's just orgasmic. I still don't really dig the lama part at 81.737s (you made the patterns easier, but they're still too hard at this speed IMO), but otherwise it's flawless. WOW.

(9/10)

Ball of Malt v2

I don't really know what to say of this… I don't think a v2 was needed. I find the original to be more fun to play than this one anyway. Your sync seems a bit off right off the bat. You didn't use this opportunity to add any layering whatsoever, aside from the harmonica's 32nd notes… I'm not convinced, sorry.

[<] (6/10)

Bf2014

Surprisingly playable! I loved the patterns, even though the song was super generic. That's no small feat. Other than that, I ain't got much to comment on. Overall, good job!

(8/10)

Bloody Tears

- I found a spot where you had a weird layering choice (that spot repeats itself also later in the song, watch out for that): 14.372s. You stepped the little synth correctly, but I think it would've a more appropriate choice to step the guitar riff, even if it's not the main melody. It's what stands out the most and it wouldn't make a bad pattern at all! If you don't plan on changing them all, at least change a few of them. It gets pretty repetitive.
- I wouldn't be afraid to add the missing snare notes at 72.562s and 72.071s, they make great polyrhythms.
- This is too hard compared to the rest of the song, at least try to avoid some of the jacks, it's making it way too hard for no reason.
- Around that part at 132.311s, you left a lot of gaps between notes. I would fill them to keep the energy high (remember there's a bass playing 16ths throughout the whole song at all time!)
- Dat walking man at 158.745s. The left arrow is getting tired, please change the pattern around a bit, there is a lot more you can do here than repeating the same thing you did in the intro. It doesn't even have to be a running man!

(7/10)

Boooring

Don't let the score I'm giving you today fool you. I think that was a great effort at making a chart and you've got lots of potential. I hope this review will help you make the chart as close to perfect as possible and also help you understand your mistakes in order to become a better stepper. Here we go:

- First off, your sync is off. Are you using DDReamStudio? If you need help on that topic, please follow this link: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=123423
- If you listen closely, you could put a jump at 33.549s instead of a single arrow.
- On the other hand, the jump you put at 43.432s goes to nothing in the song and should be removed.
- At 43.961s, we hear "Booo-" and then the "ring" is at 44.491sm but you didn't step it at all. What the hell! I urge you to correct this! It's the name of the song! Make it memorable :P
- PR technicality: the arrow at 46.255s should be either a up or right arrow to match the jump you have before it. It's the same note, so it should be the same arrow.
- It's incoherent to put a jump at 51.902s when you put a single arrow to 49.079s and 46.255s which are the same sound. Notice how through the rest of the song you put jumps… You have to decide and stick to your decision, not have both.
- The pattern you have at 55.961s is quite horrific, and there's a reason why we never see it appear in the files released for FFR. You're better off just copying what you had at 33.373s than leaving it like this.
- The arrow at 68.579s should be at 68.667s
- The arrow at 78.461s goes to nothing and should be removed
- Don't forget to put a jump eat 78.726s!
- At 91.079s, you're missing a very important pattern in your layering. To see it, add the following arrows, and then rinse and repeat for the rest of that part. It's a mistake and you should correct it! Here are the arrows: 90.991s, 91.167s, 92.402s, 92.579s, etc.

Do this and your file will be worth at least an 8 in my book!

(4/10)

Breed Again

That song is waaaaaaay too long, man! 4 mins, yaouch, especially when we're playing the whole thing over and over! I'll say, though, that this song, if you give it a quick cut, is quite awesome. I'll also note that your hand placement makes me scratch my head a bit, just saying! ;P

(7/10) if put to conditional queue

C'est la Vie

THAT. WAS. BRILLIANT. Two comments which prevent me from giving a perfect score:
- At 14.316s (and the other part just after that looks the same), why not layer the drum in between the jumps, i.e. 14.511s, 15.290s, 15.680s, (repeat)? It feels like it's really missing
- Why didn't you layer the drum at 115.669s? There has to be a reason since it's pretty obvious, but in my opinion it's better to put it in because you're missing on some pretty slick patterns: i.e. 120.069s

I'll give an 8 because I think the song could use some reworking, but just fix that and it could end up behind a 9-10 on my side. Good job, man!!

(8/10)

Calling

Pretty chill chart, I don't have much to say about it frankly. I'd be surprised if you even anticipated huge reviews for this. :P It's just alright. It's pretty repetitive in what we hear and what we play, but at the same time it's clean and professional. Good job!

(8/10)

Can't Hide Your Love

Sound effects from Final Fantasy 1, Space Cadet Pinball and Galaga, all mashed up in one glorious chart. I can't hide my love. It got pretty repetitive around the end, though, I think you could use a cut. Otherwise, I have no real comments. Your steps are solid and represent the song very well!

(8/10)

Carol Of The Bells

This has to be one of the best charts of Carol Of The Bells I have yet played. *Chapeau*. Only thing I could tell you that should use a little correction is around where you pretty much went "Bazinga!". Your jumps are heavy and represent the notes well. What's bugging me is the fact you put 16th notes between every set of jumps. The guitar is indeed playing in the background, but it ruins the feeling of your jumps and is just an unnecessary difficulty spike in an otherwise perfect chart. Just saying! Still, awesome job, you ROCK!

(8/10)

Catch That Train

Difficulty: Novice, Meter: 1300 WAT THE FUUUUUUUUU
This song breathes old school, it's amazing. Sadly, though, there are some things wrong with it.
- Why didn't you step the first notes playing at 0.116s? They're lacking.
- 12.674s I can't even comprehend how that matches the song….. The song is playing trills and you somehow came up with that pattern. Same for 36.049s and possibly 24.316s. There's indeed a small melody playing, maybe that's what you were stepping, but it's playing continuously, just like a trill.
- The note at 48.5156s is a ghost note, meaning there's no sound going to it (beginner's mistake ;P)
- It's super repetitive (I mean, very) for a 50 seconds long song. There's nothing that would keep someone playing this. It's too short, too repetitive and too flawed...

(5/10)

Celestica

I have 4 main gripes with this song:
- It's more than 3 minutes long. It's the same thing over and over. Please cut it somewhere. For example, you could save a nice 20 seconds by beginning to cut every arrow after the 181.814s mark; why step these!?
- Your jump placement is coherent, but too hard to figure out while playing. You're stepping (1) the beats (2) the voice and (3) those little high pitched whatever-they-are sounds. Sometimes 1 and 2 at the same time, other times 2 and 3, sometimes all of them… It gets really confusing. If I were you, I'd try to either stick to a certain layering, by making those high pitched sounds as jacks instead of jumps for example (try it it'll work), or layer the first half some way and the later half another way by staying very strict with what you step or not.
- Your 16ths appearing around 115.757s… Yeah, if I listen a long time, maybe there's something there, but it's so vague you're better off just forgetting it altogether. It seems forced. This would be a nice time to cut your song, just saying.
- Those hands you used bring a heavy feeling to some jumps, but come on, that's forced a lot too. 120.984s, for example, and 174.685s… I can understand why you put hands there, but they could work just fine as jumps. For an easy chart like yours, it's more of a nuisance than an awesome factor. The fact you have to use hands just to distinguish what you're stepping makes my #2 gripe all the more valid.

Overall, good job, but you have a lot to change in order to make this passable.

(5/10)

center piercing

- 15.062s I'm 100% certain bmah stepped this
- 84.728s I'm a big fan of this part as it's two-handed for me, but I'm convinced most people will have a problem with it as it is one-handed. You could change the trill to a simple "242424" pattern like I had to do for In Flux. Also to be noted, it's pretty bad to have that difficult trill to be placed right BEFORE an easier, two-handed part. You could easily keep the one-handed trill but just place it in a more coherent, climactic way.

It's pretty fun for the rest of it, and flows pretty well. I could see myself playing this over and over if you just corrected that small slip-up.

(7/10)

Child Protective Services Theme Song

The only thing I find wrong about this song is PR.
- Parts like 31.394s have pretty lame PR, I hope you agree. :P
- Also at 37.182s, you sometimes put two notes together (ex: "12121314…"), when they are in fact totally different notes. Watch out, this happens to every time you have that kind of pattern in your running men. It's… dare I say… GROTESQUE ;P
- At 42.970s, you could've taken that opportunity to change the anchor arrow (in your case it's always the left arrow, but you could use for example the up arrow by being creative to add variety)
- PR again 85.294s in your gums, idem 98.679s

Solid track, but please fix the PR!

(7/10)

Cloud of Darkness

- I recommend adding 8ths between your jumps at 23.667s to make it less empty (step the bass), idem 55.668s. Those were the most easy to spot parts, but look around for other spots you could fill that way. The chart will play better.
- When the sound is fading like at 69.668s, you should drop a part of your layering. It just looks stupid to keep on mashing arrows when the song isn't playing anymore…

… And that's it! The song ended and there was nothing left to say. Good chart while it lasted, with still a few tweaks needed.

(7/10)

Colibri

- 48.791s That jump stream is pretty harsh when you have 3 8ths jumps in a row which aren't even the same… You could make it easier, considering the fact it's so long!
- 76.939s Shouldn't there be 8ths here?
- (end) … DATA DRAIN^@!?

Rockin' song. I'm a colibri woooo!

(8/10)

Crow's Ghost

- Loved the way you tackled the song, but watch out for those nasty nasty jacks you stepped (19.059s 119.322s, 154.611s, 173.875s), those can be a deal breaker.
- Holy shit that one-handed part 148.611s is going to be hard… You could've stepped it as (12)(34)(12)(34)… to avoid that huge difficulty spike
- At 3 minutes long, don't you think this deserve a small cut? Those beats are the same from beginning to end… I'd rather play this twice than play its full length!

(7/10)

Cutthroat

- I'd try to vary those jumps at 20.941s
- Holy shit at 34.512s, I don't know, man.
- 48.798s damn I think you're going a bit far there, hiding colours at that speed
(- Those three notes at the end could've been cut, the effect would've been better)

Overall, you know what you're doing, but, hot damn, you gotta slow down a bit too! Some of those difficulty spikes you implemented are just hardcore. Still well stepped, though, just make those modifications, please!!

(7/10)

Cybertron

- 35.697s That's an ugly pattern, you should fix that to make it flow better! Idem 40.669s
- 107.869s That's such a mess!! That arrow placement is pretty lousy, see ^
- 116.440s You put arrows to sounds that are barely hearable, that's not a good decision in my book. You artificially make the difficulty higher when it's not even needed; the rest of your file is hard enough

You've got something going, here, but calm yourself, geez XD And careful how you place the arrows. Even though they can be relevant, the way you place them is important too not to make your chart seem forced.

(7/10)

Day's End

- 17.834s How about a "43214" sorta pattern instead to avoid that indirect one-handed trill? Idem 34.245s, and everywhere else...
- Because you step the beats and the piano chords exactly the same way with your jumps, it's hard to distinguish what goes to what. You should come up with a way to show us what's what. That's the importance of layering! Otherwise, it's hard to follow you and just feels like you placed jumps at random.
- Lousy PR 81.173s, 95.276s, 101.431s
- 150.281s OUCH it hurts to play this, you used the wrong rhythms! You used 32nds notes like at 150.345s when it should've been simple 4th notes for example at 150.409s. Same for 158.871s, it's… ugh!! idem afterwards, gah.
It plays so many times, I wonder how you didn't quite catch that huge mistake. Did you listen to the song at all?

Brush up your layering with the jumps to make it more clear and please fix those arrows near the end, we'll be able to talk after that.

(6/10)

Deify

- You have a few problems in your layering, sadly. Right at the beginning, why step half of the vocals as single arrows and the other half as jumps? It doesn't make sense. you could've simply stepped the vocals as single arrows and the drums behind it to make it feel less empty.
- I know you'll find this weird, but at 13.704s, it's better to invert your pattern; have "(34)2…(34)2…" instead of "2(34)… 2(34)…" it just flows better, trust me.
This applies right until 32.002s
- 19.994s vs 22.281s are the same sounds, but one is stepped with single arrows and the other with jumps. That's pretty incoherent. It's like you just dived right in and stepped the song without checking out if you were coherent or not… please fix that. It also applies for 29.143s vs 31.430s
- I somehow can't agree with your jump layering at 36.577s. What you did is put jumps when the guitar did a different note than what it was strumming, but… why? It's still just a note, it would've been better just to fully step the guitar as single notes and include the drums once again as jumps. Otherwise, those jumps are like jumping into a void, it doesn't feel like we're hitting anything concrete. It should be noted though that you didn't even step coherently with yourself; why not put jumps at 57.019s, for example, based on what you did previously?
- That hand at 45.440s has to be removed
- Lousy PR 48.585s, 54.874s too
- No jump should be at 59.878s, but there should be a jump on the next note.
- 59.449s is like a missed copy/paste. What happened here? Your 16ths miss their sound right off… That's unforgivable. It feels like you didn't even care at all when stepping this.
- Why is every note a jump at 68.312s but then you add single notes at 70.885s instead of jumps? Be coherent for once.
- That 32nd note at 70.998s should be after the red note, aka at 80.070s
- Alright, I thought it couldn't get worse, but 98.046s is just it. What the hell happened here? I can't speak, nothing seems to match what's going on in the song. I tried to see if it was my step mania which was broken, but no. Your PR is off, the jumps don't fit with anything, nothing's coherent, you really stepped it horribly. Sorry, mate, but it's the truth. I won't lie, that's a pretty horrible chart.
- 118.917s That's it, you just dropped the ball. And I drop the bomb.

(3/10)

Discord (After Forever)

I cannot believe you sent this as a serious submission. If it was, I am truly sorry. This is a dump and deserves no review. There are just so many ghost arrows, so many things you stepped that aren't even in the song, I won't try to act nice just to act nice. It's like you put the wrong song in the folder, I mean, come on! What do that string of 16ths at 49.250s go to? That string at 49.750s? The one after that? The whole notes, pretty much? You deliberately used hands when it was uncalled for, it's like you didn't even try.

Sorry if this review seems brutal, but you have to realize that this is not the way to do it. I bet the chart is fun if the music is set to off, but the point of rhythm gaming is to play to the sound of the music, not to play to the sound of our keyboard under our fingers. You have some potential, just wake up from that nightmare!

(0/10)

Discord (The Living Tombstone Remix)

This chart could've been fun. Like 10/10 fun. Instead, it's flat out ridiculous. 0)_0). There are four things you have to learn:

- The purpose of jacks and how to use them
- The purpose of jumps/hands and how to use them
- The purpose of jumpjacks and how to use them
- How to vary your steps.

Some of the steps you have there honestly had me smiling pretty hard; they were GREAT (part at 28.131s). Sadly, though, it was not always the case. Why did you repeat that horrific pattern at 46.986s THREE times in the whole song without changing it? You did alter it around the end, but three times is just too much! Not only is it repetitive, but it's just a bad pattern overall (there has to be a good reason to have jump jacks in a chart, but I don't hear any in the song where you put them). Why do you put jumps everywhere? The philosophy behind jumps is a hard one to grasp at times, but, basically, you have to understand that the fact 2 people sing at the same time is not a good enough reason to step a whole part as jumps. The feel you get out of it almost never translates in the song. That's what happened in your chart.

Among the horrible parts you HAVE to fix, there's 14.701s, 131.551s, 165.834s (drop the hands, man, and lower the jumps, too), 175.976s (gosh, do I really have to explain?).

… yup. Don't give up, though, as I've said, if step in a more conventional way, I could give this a 10/10. Just rework it.

(3/10)

Dizzay

I'm a sucker for files like this one.
- Those bursts at 40.966s are "ouch", you could simply drop the jump and remove a note. It would be more fair and also easier to appreciate what you stepped; so far, we're blinded by all the colors. Also applies to 73.328s
- The song should end at 130.024s Three minutes is tooooooo long.
- Alright now, 178.682s is definitely too messy now. You should calm down a bit.

That was an insane amount of brilliance, but the file is just too long and too burstly. Had you fixed that, though, I'd gladly change my score.

(7/10)

Doubt

That was a very, very cool chart, but one thing was a huge turn off: your jacks. In the beginning, it wasn't so bad, but when you started adding jumps in there, oh boy, it was pretty hard to read. I like a healthy challenge, but I think you went too far. Parts like 31.898s, for example; minijacks would've been fine, instead of having sometimes 3 notes repeated (34.668s).

Fine chart, but you really have to address this issue.

(6/10)

Down Temperature

Wowowowowowowow that was the weirdest thing I played in this whole batch. And I liked it. Just be really careful with your bursts (28,741s, 39,241s, 54,841s, etc. you can spot them easily). They do look cool, but have an artificial rhythmic value which the song doesn’t provide. It’s also problematic that you made them go so fast... So that could use some work. But otherwise, though, you succeeded at tackling this very intricate song. Good work!

(7/10)

dr1

- "Most misleading name ever for a chart" award of the year
- You missed some hi-hats at 12.959s to step the drum fully

Alright, so this is DATA DRAIN. There's no other reason why you'd pick this song to step, it just screams DATA DRAIN. There's some positivity in it, though. It's short, and it's effective. It's the kind of song I'd like to show my friends as a test; you start kinda easy, and then you see how far you can get. No ghost notes or missing notes, professional, well. Gets MN's seal of approval. Haters gonna hate!

(8/10)

Dreamerz

There's no chart on my end, what's going on?

[!]

Enchanting Venus

- Why a jump at 44.412s?
- I understand why you stepped jumpjacks at 89.342s, but pay attention; you're just on the fence between being fun and being too hard compared to the rest of the chart
- The song is so repetitive, it just drags on for 2 minutes. It's not your fault, but it definitely is something the player will notice.

Kinda generic, but good nonetheless. GG

(7/10)

Endless Tewi-ma Park

- Careful with your PR at 6.802s, now was not the right time to change notes. (should be down arrows)

Weirdo baby fetches this chart a:

(8/10)

Enjoyable Fruit

Even though it was pretty repetitive, this song was just 100% fun for some reason… High score, you deserve a picture:

(9/10)

Entry

- I wouldn't step the 16th at 26.070s as what we hear most are the high pitched sounds which are 8ths (not the wubwubs which are barely hearable the first time).
- At 30.356s, you started stepping the wubwubs as 12ths, why not stick to stepping subs at that point? Be coherent.
- (idem but of these points starting at 31.641s and more, since the song just loops 3 times)
- It would be a good idea to add jumps to 46.641s, 46.963s and 47.284s because there are some nice beats in the background
- idem ^ for 50.070s
- Whoops, PR slip-up at 51.999s. It should actually be something along the lines of "12…13…14…1", and not "12…12…34…2". Idem for the later patterns which are the exact same. Apply the same logic, and pay attention to inverted PRs like at 63.999s
- It's a missed opportunity at 72.356s that you didn't layer the wubwubwubs in the background, they're pretty easy to spot and would make great patterns. At least add a jump to spots like at 73.106s because there's clearly a beat begging to be stepped more heavily right there.

Nice potential, right there, but not quite enough for the moment being. Never give up!

(6/10)

Erase Us

- You're beginning on a PR mistake (4.350s, 6.750s). Brilliant. Or tragic, I should say.
- 18.150s T_T ugh!? That totally doesn't fit the song. Your jumps go to the melody, but… the drum's totally stealing the show! It should have been something like "4(23)(14)…4(23)(14)…4(23)" starting at 18.000s (see picture:
)
- You layer the vocals exactly like you layer your drums, it feels pretty wrong. (33.750s vs 33.000s) Vocals shouldn't even be jumps, anyway!
- You have a constant stream of 16ths at 48.150s, but the song has in no way that kind of pattern. Listen closely. You overstepped.
- 55.950s those colours are… pointless :P
- Missing jump at 86.250s
- 93.750s (see picture in spoiler)
- 96.150s isn't copy/pasted, but it heavily feels like it since that part is so similar. Even the pointless colour part is there! Watch out.
- Missing arrow 119.100s, 119.400s
- 146.550s (see 93.750s)
- 148.950s At this point, after hearing the chorus 3 times stepped similarly those 3 times, it's time for this song to end plz.

One thing I can tell you is that you want to layer too much stuff at the same time and that, in the end, it looks more like a garbled mess than a full fledged musical score. Guitar + vocals + drum = too much. You should focus on one or two things MAX at a time to make your layering optimal.

(6/10)

Extratone Pirates

Music choice gets in the way too much, I can't listen to this without going deaf. I'll keep my mouth shut.

(PASS)

F

Cool! Aside from a few critical missing notes (19.830s, 75.311s, 99.683s, 100.369s, 121.685s, 122.252s, ...)
- I'd try to add the 12nds missing jumps like at 83.438s. Even though their rhythm is different than the stream, there has to be a way you can at least acknowledge them. They're lacking :<
- Starting at 116.845s, your jump layering gets wishy-washy. While it was previously coherent with the claps and chords, now it just seems thrown altogether. That's because there's no way to tell that 50% of the jumps go to the claps and the other 50% to the chords. You should try to use different patterns to make it a tad more evident, as right now I almost thought it was off!
- I suggest you remove notes like 21.127s and 22.514s even though there's a beat playing because it'll make the awesome melody stand out more.
- Suggestion: 49.910s could be a down arrow for better PR flow

(7/10)

F+ToG

That was just awesome. No real comment. Exactly the type of chart I wish I could be able to step. It's a little long, yes, but I give it my seal of approval. YER.

(8/10)

Jeh Jeh Slammin'

- 43.007s noooooooooo don't do it.
- 99.4400s would've been the best spot to end this, I highly suggest you consider this, as everything else afterwards just loops and is painful.

Fun little song, you got there! Just cut it and drop that ridiculous pattern at 43s and you've got gold.

(7/10)

Lightning Strikes Again/Metal Squad

This song speaks to my heart. Lightening Force… How I loved you ;_; This was a masterpiece of a chart. A bit on the long side though, but that's my only real complaint. That was rockin'. Good job.

(8/10)

Ongyilkos Vasarnap (Short Cut)

Hot damn, that beats gets on my nerves, but when this song gets started, it's pretty orgasmic. Forget about that placeholder note, though, it has to go (130.306s) Only last comment, is that it's a bit on the long side for that kind of song. But wow! I was surprised with this.

(8/10)

Overdrive

That translated to FFR better than I expected! Great job. Even though I'm going to miss the gimmicks the Thirdstyle file had, that was pretty surprising! And it's such a good song, too… Feels like soap in my ears. Well, keep it up! Small note; the last hand at 157.991s I think is too much since the volume fades out...

(8/10)

Posers Listen To Fakebit Music

- DATA DRAIN WHY YOU
- That's a pretty repetitive song for 2 minutes, man. Literally the same sound pattern over and over again!

I'm not sure about the song's length, but I know those steps were found, even if they were a bit uninspired xP

(7/10)

Soulcrusher

- 30.034s hand=no
- 46.446s wtf jump? what does this go to

Those steps don't vary a lot, now, do they? It was a good piece, I'll have to admit. Just a tad long, like everyone else, apparently. XD Good job, though, be proud.

(7/10)

Vortex

- Those 4 arrow bursts are a bit intense in my book, I think you're better off with 3 arrow bursts even though they're less stylish (they'd play better) Just look at 81.554s and tell me that wasn't a troll!
- That jump/handstream with jacks is aids man haha… T_T
- -10 points for no video included of you doing faces to the song

That was unique, to say the least. Very well stepped, even if those bursts of yours were pretty unfair imo and even if your jacks and hands in those jump streams pushed the limit a tad too far. Still, what hurts your score the most is the length. So we really have to play 6 minutes to understand the "message" of the song?… I think 3 minutes would be more than enough, considering most os the song sounds the exact same.

(7/10) If put to conditional

Wayward Vagabond

RESUBMITS

[Resubmission] Enchanting Venus (Elite Ninja) - you should make the 16th at 114.319 just like you did the previous time this occured. i was fine with the file before and im fine with it now 8/10

[Resubmission] Ongyilkos Vasarnap (mi40) - enjoyed this more than the other version 8/10

REGULAR SUBMISSIONS

8-Bit Purple Comet (Reshiram) - this file wouldve been better had it remained on sync the entire time. learn to use colour association while keeping the notes on sync please. as for the steps themselves its hard to really say because of how off sync the file gets at points 4/10

A Lifetime (F-777 ReMiX) (PrawnSkunk) - what does the very first 192nd note go to? seems pointless would be better as just an 8th jump. aside from that one hand to the crash or w/e the hands didnt feel like they fit. sure you use it because there are three sounds playing at the same time but they dont feel right considering the song. would be better as doubles in my opinion 6/10

AKHT - Cloud of Darkness (pmonibuv1) - take out the layering in the fade out lol it plays terribly when the sound is going to an end and you're hear playing like as if the file was at full energy. the layering kinds sucks at section because you're adding jumps to the lead guitar and the drums at sections. 6/10

Alchemy [Scintill] - cut the song lol. double check for missing 8th jumps to the snare. 8/10

altmirrorbell (ca25nada) - this started off amazing and then got worse and worse. tone it down some rofl 6/10

Arsonist [Kommisar] - missing a hand at 99.33. file seems a bit overlayered imo but enjoyable. song sucks omgomgomgomgomgomg 7/10

Ascension to Heaven (iironiic) - 32nds like at 41.5 should be removed really theyre terrible accent notes especially with how dense the file already is. thats really the only problem i see with this file even though i didnt find it very enjoyable because ive played icys file for this. i'll give you the benefit of doubt and i'll assume you'll actually remove those accent notes so instead of a 6/10 i'll give you a 7/10

asdfmovie song (Niala) - file is bad and you should feel bad 8/10

Ball of Malt v2 (DossarLX ODI) - double check for missing 32nds 8/10

BF2014 (Choofers) - im so glad you finally stepped those lyrics in that pause at the beginning 8/10

Bloody Tears (hi19hi19) - running men were kinda bad you couldve switched it up and anchored the 16ths on 2 or 3 7/10

Boooring! (blindreper1179) - cut the song. vary up the patterns especially with the trills. you exclusively just use 12 31 24 34 trills with 12 and 34 being your most used. file is fine as is but could definitely be better with some pattern variation 6/10

Breed Again (Brilliant Dynamite Neon) - this was great until i realized how god damn long and repetitive this file is. cut at 2 minutes on the dot please. other than that file was dope good to see you back bdn 6/10

Calling (bmah) - the 32nd burst for this difficulty should not start or end in jumps lol. 8/10

Can't Hide Your Love [Kommisar] - you didnt step like any buzzes and brrts terrible file 8/10

Carol Of The Bells (YMIA) - glad you made the fixes i suggested 8/10

Catch That Train (Kongfish) - for a file this easy i would suggest turning the one handed trills into 2 handed trills and changing the 2 note 16th jacks to gallops. i dont mind the song being short and repetitive because its nice and energetic. 7/10

Celestica (Brilliant Dynamite Neon) - i would like permission to be verified before this gets in game since crystal castle is kind of a big deal. your jump usage is questionable and those 16th runs dont really make sense at all. a cut would also be needed 5/10

center piercing (bmah) - very fun file dam. for some reason theres a section in this song that reminds me of you spin me right round. 9/10

C'est la Vie [dore] - good to see you stepping easier files that way other people can also enjoy some ptth goodness 8/10

Child Protective Services Theme Song [alloyus] - vary up the patterns more like the bursts try ascending and descending not just ascending. the running men and your jump usage gets repetitive too 6/10

Colibri - FFR (Niala) - hey this was fun 8/10

Crow's Ghost (mi40) - at 65.6 the jump should be on every 3rd note not how you have it. same goes for the section after it with the same repeating sounds. other than that though sick file 8/10

Cutthroat (AlexDest) - 21.5 this is a really terrible pattern choice considering the jumps around it lol. maybe try a 323 trill starting at the buzz sound only having it 3 notes long and then switching back tothe 14 jumps. i dont mind the white walls but expect some bitching 7/10

Cybertron (cedolad) - 49.32 try having it be [12][34] instead of the 16th minijack to jump. it'll play better and fits because theres a bass kick on the 16th. the part right after it with the 24ths also plays really weird because theres nothing going on to really make those 24ths fit even though i get what you're doing with them they just dont feel right. id say just take them out and leave it as an 8th only same thing at 50.097 at 55.58 same thing as before only here a hand on the 4th would be great to emphasize what you're trying to do. 6/10

Day's End (Zakvvv666) - at 150.281 it should be 16th and 4th there are no 32nd here same where this repeats. glad you cut the song 7/10

Deify (TheSaxRunner) - check your 16ths triplets because some dont below and then you miss other for example you miss the 16th at 62.45 but have a 16th at 62.951 where there should be one and this continues on for a while.
you jump usage here also doesnt make any sense. sometimes you put jumps to vocals sometimes you dont sometimes you put jumps to the guitar and other times you dont same with the snare and bass kick. overall this file is very inconsistent, the cut is terrible, and you're missing notes 5/10

Discord (nickcool9999) - ok yeah no 1/10 im only giving you a 1 because the song is cool even though we dont even have permission

Discord [The Living Tombstone's Remix] (Xiz) - cut the song the entire second half is just the same thing being repeated over and over again. work on your jack usage some of it is more annoying than fun to hit and vary up the patterns more namely the sections where you have the [23] jump jacks 6/10

Dizzay (Xayphon) - glad you didnt overstep this 8/10

Doubt (DarkZtar) - 39.51 and everywhere else where this repeats. the 32nds dont go to anything please remove. the rest of the file wasnt bad you're improving 7/10

Down Temperature (DossarLX ODI vs. icontrolyourworld) - i was expecting a bad file not going to lie 8/10

dr1 (hi19hi19) - much better than stavies drum solo of doomz 8/10

Dreamerz; Machines Will Fall (rayword45) - your jump usage makes no sense to me and in the first half i dont know what it is your stepping 5/10

EAR - Jeh Jeh Slammin' (Extended Mix) [Charu] - might want to just take out the 16th in the burst at 43.111 to make it a bit easier on the player considering the rest of the difficulty for this file this should definitely not be the hardest part of the file 7/10

Endless Tewi-ma Park (Zakvvv666) - better than your other file by far 8/10

Enjoyable Fruit (Elite Ninja) - if you're going to change the colour of a file at least make sure you make the note onsync lol. im talking about those 64ths btw. glad you didnt step the whole song though or ruined the file by trying to do what reshiram tries to do. 8/10

Entry (DossarLX ODI) - enjoyable not the kind of file id expect from you 8/10

Erase Us (VisD) - get rid of the white notes and the ghost 16ths that you used during the chorus. this song doesnt need filler it wouldve been just fine without the undeed 16ths and 192nds 5/10

Extratone Pirates [t-rogdor] - that js at the end is brutal. some patterns could be easier i think like the [12]41[12]41[12] pattern which is aids to hit rofl but thats about it. 7/10

F [xi] (Jake Ferguson) - the 48th you have at 68.9 should be a 16th remove the 24th and 48 you have before the 8th at 116.327 and turn the 4th after into a hand it makes more sense than what you have here. jump usage could use some work and the sync at the end needs work 6/10

F+ToG (~Zeta~) - 103.9 this should just be x.xx.xx.xx.xx. not straight 12ths like you have here. missing the 4th note to the lead at 167.69 the song couldve been cut at 197.109 because the rest of the song is just bland and doesnt add anything other than length. id really prefer a cut to this song 6/10

Lightning Strikes Again - Metal Squad [Kommisar] - hand usage didnt make sense sometimes but this file is dope 8/10

Overdrive (psychoangel691) - sweet solid dubstep file 8/10

Posers Listen to Fakebit Music (AlexDest) - i listen to fakebit get at me 8/10

Soulcrusher (megamon88) - awesome song and file. the bursts during the speed up sucked though 8/10

Vortex (Choofers) - the song is w/e the file is typical of this kind of music. nothing wrong with it i guess tho 7/10

Silvuh/psychoangel691/Niala (a collaborative effort here)

[] When you remove graphic files, please also remove the references in the .sm and .dwi files.
[] Please cut the .mp3. Leaving it is an unnecessary increase in file size.
[Ÿ] You don't want your username in the song information. Same reason why CD titles aren't allowed.

[5/10] 8-Bit Purple Comet / DJ Bouche // Reshiram
#OFFSET:-2.104; (-14 milliseconds)
// If you're going to use BPM changes for colors, please sync with sub-beats in ddream. With my adjusted offset, by the end of the file, your steps are 61ms early.
// You put green notes to too many different sounds. Other than that and the sync, there are a few layering issues and some unnecessary anchors.
21.56-27.64s: You can alternate the jumps here to follow that bass on the 3/16ths, because the pitch alternates.
27.84-28.05s, 29.06-29.26s: The first set of greens go to percussion, the second set goes to the same instrument as the main melody. But before this, you already had green notes to that other flutey noise that you put more greens to in this section. All three of these things can't be green. You don't use any pink, orange, cyan, or white arrows, so there are lots of options for what you can do.
28.05-41.023s: I didn't like the layering here when I playtested it, because of all the soft hi-hats that are being stepped. It felt too dense for the music. The layering is consistent until the end though. In the sixth and seventh beat of every eight beats (starting at 28.05) you put a jump on the percussion on the 8ths in the absence of the main melody. In the last set of these beats at 39.80-40.61, you jump neither both 8ths nor the main melody note at 40.21. I would remove the jump at 40.41 and add a note at 40.21.
30.88-32.10s, 34.13-35.34: Change the patterns somehow to break the long left anchors here.
31.29, 37.77s: The flutey noise is the same pitch as on the 8th before it here, so the green arrows should be on the same direction.
50.34, 53.59s: There are no sounds layered here that warrant jumps. Like they're only here to make the bursts jump-trillable, but they're not that fast or difficult for that to be necessary.
55.61-56.83s: Same thing here about not having these separate sounds both be green.
57.03-58.05s: You have the same pattern with the hands here going to different pitches. Change one of them.
60.07s: This being green is even more confusing, because it's a 32nd from another green note that goes to a different sound.
60.48-65.34s: Your BPMs are especially messy here. Your 4th on 64.74s here is on b156, when it should be an 8th on b155.5. And because of the way you half and double the BPM, you can't get an 8th on 61.49s where there's a percussion hit you might want to step.
60.88s, 62.50s &c: Maybe don't auto-jump the percussion here. You don't auto-jump it at 64.94s when it wouldn't even interfere with the layering to the melody.
65.75-66.56, 68.99s &c: Don't anchor the purples to the 4ths here.
71.13s: Missed a 16th.
89.26, 92.50s: Because you're not stepping the hi-hat rhythm in this section, it may make more sense to follow the pitch of the bass instead of just thinking "hi-hats mean trills" here.
The cut on the end is a little weird.

[4/10] A Lifetime (F-777 Remix) / Soulero // PrawnSkunk
#OFFSET:-2.082; (-9 milliseconds)
// With trance music with a constantly repeating melody like this, progression and climax theory become even more important. That's what needs the most work here.
13.17s: Starting here, you have repititions of 43214231, but if you listen at 0.8x, you should be able to hear that the 4231 pattern should be: 3142*
16.86-31.63s: Instead of having the anchors be 4321, try 4231 so the playing hand alternates. I do still like the 16ths and 192nds you use in this section.
31.63-46.40s: Every measure in this section should start with a minijack (with the first 16th) to the main melody.
37.17-38.90s: You heard the triplet at 37.51s and the peak at 38.09s, so that's good. The only major PR problem starts at 38.32s. The pattern is: BCABCA*
39.01-46.40s: Put a jump at the start of every measure to the pad would be progression from the section starting at 31.63s. You do start layering these in after 46.40s, but that section also has the rock-guitar noise that will retain progression in your steps.
46.40s: Because you do use hands for layering later, I will suggest putting them on the loud crashes like here.
53.09s: What I said for 38.32s applies here, too.
54.78s: To acknowledge the repeated percussion coming in here, consistently anchor some 8ths.
61.04s: Here, the 16th is actually the grace note, with the main sound a 96th later.
61.15s: In this section starting here, I would suggest mini-trills to the rock-guitar noise, but what you have here is good. You consistently step the rock-guitar noise with the 16ths on one side of the 8th and the original melody with the 16ths on either side of the 8th. That works.
82.39, 89.77s: There's nothing emphasized enough for hands here.
90.58s: Some thing here as 61.04s.
90.69-98.08s: This is nearly an exact copy of 61.15-68.54s, but now, the music is missing the synth that it began with. For climax theory, this section should be stepped lighter than the last one. Easiest way to do this would be to remove half of the jumps or all of them.
98.02-105.46s: More instrumentation (percussion in this case) comes in at 105.46, so the layering should increase, but here you decreased it. Keep the steps to the synth as it comes in to acknowledge it, but don't layer in all the jumps to the percussion, so you can ignore the synth starting at 105.46s without decreasing the layering.

[7/10] [] Alchemy / G5 Project // SKG_Scintill
#OFFSET:0.304; (-16 milliseconds)
// It's fun, but there are a lot of little rhythm issues with the lead guitar. Has a few more hands than necessary. PR is mostly good.
1.91-15.25s: Every measure should start with a minijack to the guitar.
32.40s: The 32nd doesn't go to a distinct sound here.
38.16, 39.55, 42.61s...: These shouldn't be hands, because the percussion isn't there.
57.19s: 32nd should be after the 8th.
59.83s: Missing a 16th here, would work best on 3.
61.08s: The rhythm is two 32nds from here instead of 24ths.
61.36s: There are only six notes in this beat, not seven. And there shouldn't be a minijack here.
61.91-62.75s: Sorry, but there's definitely not this much going on here.
63.58s: Maybe don't have the little minitrill here be one-handed.
65.25s: So maybe you're intentionally using an easier rhythm, which would be okay, but the accurate one is two 32nds into the 8th here. Also, try removing the jump from this 8th. Layering the percussion here takes away from the fact that these three notes build up to the 16th.
69.00-69.27s: I hear 32nds between the 16ths here, but not at 69.34s where you have one.
69.69s: If you listen just from the first 16th to the next beat (69.83-70.25), you should be able to hear only five notes here, not 24ths.
70.25s: This stuff should be earlier, ending on the last 16th. The rhythm (in 48ths) I would use is XxXXxxXxXX*
71.08s: Unnecessary minijack here.
74.83s: The pitch on the 8th is lower than on the 16th, so this minijack should be broken.
75.11s: The guitar rhythm is smooth here, so there should be two 48ths from the 16th instead of the 4th.
77.19s: The fast 48th stuff starts here, and remove the 64th when you do that.
77.68s: Remove the 32nd here.
78.09s: Missing a 32nd here.
82.61s: Same thing as 38.16s.
88.65s: Remove the 32nd here.
90.04s: Missing a 32nd to the percussion here.
99.83s: Missing a 16th here.
104.41s: Should have four 48ths starting from here instead of these five 32nds.
107.05s: Should be two 48ths between the 16ths again instead of 32nds.
107.82s: Remove the 32nd here.
121.08s: This minitrill should not be this long.
The stuff at the very end of the 32nd stream might be a little much.

[6/10] AltMirrorBell / Grand Thaw // ca25nada
// The strict layering with the percussion is kind of interesting, but there's definitely some that should be toned down. A few playability issues, some PR fixes to be made.
21.83s: Missed the lower piano notes here; you can make the 8th a jump and add the 16th after it.
28.30s: You're not using hands in this section, so make this only a pseudo-jump instead. Also, try to break the long left-anchor this is a part of.
32.22s: There is a faint note here, but try removing this 16th. The break in the stream fits the music better.
32.74-33.42s: You do a ABCBA pattern here, but that's not in the melody. Moving the last two arrows to 4(23) would be a simple way to fix that.
34.44s: The slide down the chimes is after this beat, not before it.
36.49-52.85s: You could try moving the patterns around to get some more PR in the jumps. Things like the two (34)s in the beat of 41.26s, when all three melodies (the strings, the chimes, the foreground melody) that you could be following have a different pitch, are really noticable.
39.38, 47.56s: This 16th is a ghost note. It does sound like something faster is going on here, but that's just because the foreground melody is also doing 24ths.
52.85-55.11s: This is really quiet, so the steps should not be this dense here. That 16th anchor is a mystery.
57.35-59.54-61.73s: The chords in these two sections have different pitches from the other, so the steps should not be the same.
67.11-74.04s: You're acknowledging the pitch of that synth by stepping minijacks in this section, but you can hear a lot more going on with the pitches at 70.96-71.73s than what is shown in the steps.
74.04-76.34: Do you need the 8th jumps that don't have the synth layered? (74.23, 74.61, 75.38, 75.77s) Also, it would play better to step the jacks as one-hand jump-jacks (34)(34) and have the ending roll be jump-trillable (which would need the 8th jump removed), if playability is a concern to you.
85.19s: Same thing about playability here, but remove the 16th jump. There's no sound on there that warrants this.
The pitches of 86.15-86.73s and 88.46-89.04s are different, but you have the same arrow placements.
87.88, 90.19s: Here, when the glide is after the beat, try removing the 8th after the glide, because it's anchored on the jump.
89.04, 91.34s: Because the glide only has a 16th after the beat here, you don't need to anchor the 8th to the jump.
92.50s: This glide is actually different from the others. I'd move the 1 from the jump to a 48th earlier. And then, remove the 8th like before.
93.84-94.61s: All these jumps are unnecessary. The 24ths shouldn't strictly layer ontop of the percussion like that.
94.81-99.42s: Same things as before. And the 32nd jump at 99.47s is kind of odd.
100.58s: You don't really hear a chord here, just the glide, so this shouldn't be a jump.
Also, you don't need to do (14)3214 with the glides every time. Starting on one hand (e.g. (43)2143) will play better.
103.65s: Okay, this 16th jump fits. You have the 8th in the jack though. Maybe a pattern like (23)41234(12)3(124)* would be easier to hit.
105.86s: Should be a minijack.
107.11s: Because these aren't chords, the 16ths don't need to be jumps. Also, the 8th before at 106.92 shouldn't be the same jump as the beat.

[5/10] [] Arsonist / Fighter X // Kommisar
// So much layering that it often feels like I'm not playing the music at all.
8.53, 8.94, 10.21s: The 64ths like these, the sounds they're on are echoes of the 8th before and not the melody, so removing them would help recognize the high melody.
10.29s: I don't get the minijack here. For the low melody, it sounds more like it makes a minijack at 10.00 and 10.42 with the 8ths.
26.25s doesn't actually have the sound of that melody you've been layering on it, unlike in the previous measures. So when you jump that, like 25.83-27.51s: With 26.04s, it feels like a jump to the new sound that comes in. But because that sound is mostly 64ths, it doesn't layer, so it gets lost in the other jumps and percussion. The pitch of the sound at every 64th is different, but every arrow is the same.
27.51-40.96: Any amount of off-beats is going to build from the last phrase, so you don't need to fill (nearly) all the gaps here. It feels like I'm playing jumpstream for the sake of jumpstream.
28.04, 29.72s...: I don't hear any special sound here that would make this a 16th. Just that percussion the 64th. You didn't put the 16th at 33.08s, and I don't hear what's different.
40.33s: If you unlayer this jump, I don't think anyone's going to call you out on inconsistently layering the 8th. The layering focus has shifted to the percussion, so this jump gets in the way.
40.96-49.36s: All the 4ths to the percussion, the triplets, they fog the melody. 41.38 only has the percussion sound, so try unlayering the 4ths like those, and it will feel more like playing the music. 41.80s does have the melody on it faintly, so that's fine. If you do take out those 4ths, then you don't need the jumps here either.
49.36-54.40s: If you want to avoid this feeling like JSFSJS, I'd suggest to try removing 50.20, 50.50, 51.88, 52.19, and 53.56s (those 4ths don't have the melody from before, and the percussion on the two 64ths is light enough that someone playing it won't feel like they need to be stepped.) The layering is consistent here except for the jump on 53.56.
53.90-54.95s: With these long anchors, it's harder to tell when playing when the sound the off-beats go to changes. So two different percussion sounds are merging here.
54.40-64.48s: To help this section feel more like it plays with the music, try removing every 64th that comes after a hand, except for the very first one.
56.29, 59.65s: You step both of these as jumps, but other than the bass, I don't hear any other sounds. They should be singles.
69.85, 71.53s...: I'm not hearing sounds on these 64ths. I would put notes on the 8th before instead. The rhythm of the off-beat triplets like 69.85-70.06 doesn't feel right.
82.87s: The 3/64th minijack might be okay if it gets framer-fixed, but it may be better to just unlayer the jump.
82.95-96.39s: So you start to ignore the melody you had layered before here, so I don't see where all this new layering is coming from, why there are all these jumps grouped together.
99.33, 102.69s: I can't hear why these hands are unlayered ...
103.11s: or why this one is a hand when it only has the bass on it. Not enough sounds to warrant a hand for just being the start of a phrase. Also, this phrase loses the percussion sound that was on every 8th, so toning down the layering (maybe just unlayer the hands) would add more climax theory.
106.05-108.15s: The layering got a little jumbled here. Can't tell when it's added emphasis to a melody sound or percussion or what.
115.84, 116.05s: Silly little but noticable PR thing: the jumps are on the same arrows but are differnt pitches.
116.13s: You don't need to ignore this sound. Stepping 16ths could be neat.
116.76s: Try the rhythm without this 8th.
118.99-120.25s: Got another silly long anchor here, and this one has a one-hand trill.
119.91-121.59s: It's always confusing when something else is jumped between melody notes like the first two 8th jumps here, but you'd have to remove those two jumps completely, and doing that might just feel more like inconsistency in this case. So, I guess it's fine.
123.27-136.71s: Mm, a simply PR section. I don't think all the right-hand trills are necessary though.
139.04s: I would put a 64th before this 8th instead of after it.
140.59s: There is a note in the melody here you can step.
147.16s: Feels like a ghost note.
148.49-149.33s: If you remove a note from the 8th jump at 149.12s and have the hands be different, you can make something more PR with the melody here than just a left-hand trill.
191.97s: Remove the 4 from this jump. Layering that other sound is interference.
196.80s: Maybe change the pattern here to be like 193.44s and so on.

*These are a little quick and rough because I was trying to get them out as fast as possible for you guys.

Enchanting Venus (Elite Ninja) (7/10)
-M9 to M13 - The issue I see here is that what you're following is hard to hear underneath the main melody. I feel like this may be confusing to some.
-Really feel like the jump jacks into the hands throws off the flow of the chart a bit and makes it ridged, but I understand why you did it.
-Overall the chart flows pretty nicely, the jump and hand usage seems consistent. I didn't notice any major glaring errors.

Ongyilkos Vasarnap (mi40) (8/10)
-Man that intro is kinda draggy. I feel like this might be better received with some of that cut out but then again the song isn't that long.
-I didn't notice any glaring errors, the chart flowed pretty well.

Ascension to Heaven (iironiic) (8/10)
-Loved this file. Overall the flow was good and a lot of good pattern choices.
-I didn't notice any glaring technical errors. I felt the ending might be slightly over layered, but overall it worked.

asdfmoviesong (Niala) (7/10)
-Overall really fun to play and the song will definitely give people in the community a laugh. I loved the little color gimmicks in it as well.
-The song does start to drag though. I really feel it could benefit from a cut.
-M45 to M48 - These 32nds feel really out of place with the overall difficulty of the song. They do make sense. I think the biggest thing is the pattern choice, it's a bit awkward to hit. I recommend maybe smoothing out the pattern a little bit here.

Ball of Malt v2 (DossarLX ODI) (5/10)
-The rhythms in this are really awkward. A lot of times I feel like I'm not sure what I'm following.
-Some of the 32nds are really hard to even hear what they're following. I'm wearing headphones and some of them are barely audible. I feel like a player may struggle with them.
-A lot of the patterns are pretty ridged too, although a lot of that I feel goes along with the awkward rhythms.

BF2014 (Choofers) (9/10)
-Really fun song with a really fun chart. I didn't notice any major errors with the chart. I think people are going to rage at you for the end though.

Bloody Tears (hi19hi19) (8/10)
-Overall I think this was really well done. I think people are going to hate you for the running men but they definitely make sense.
-Few rough patterns here or there that could probably use a little smoothing, but overall I didn't notice any major problems with the file and I think overall
it has a good flow. The guitar solo was pretty nice too.

Boooring (blindreper1179) (3/10)
-M24 being that you have the other bass kicks as jumps it's a little awkward that they're not jumps here.
-M40 where you have the left right jumps with 16ths in-between. I don't really understand what you're following here.
-Really overall this chart is pretty inconsistent. The patterns aren't all that great and are ridged in areas. There are some extra jumps in the chart that
don't belong. There’s really no replayablility factor in this chart. I also am not fond that you just stopped stepping and didn't cut the song.

Breed Again (Brilliant Dynamite Neon) (5/10)
-I strongly recommend a cut for this song, it's
really draggy.
-The layering is a bit awkward in this chart, there were times I wasn't sure what it was following.
-Some of the minijacks are hard to hear why they're minijacks. There are ones that I can definitely hear clearly as to what they are, but others I'm not
hearing what they follow.

C'est la vie (dore) (7/10)
Overall the chart is pretty solid, and the patterns flow pretty well.
-There are some areas that I feel could benefit from a little more layering.
-This really starts to drag after a little while.

Calling (bmah) (8/10)
-Really nice easy chart. The 32nds near the end give it a little spike that may trip some newer players up, but they make sense.

Can't Hide Your Love (Kommisar) (7/10)
-Overall a pretty solid chart of course. Patterns are smooth and easy to hit.
-It's a bit repetitive though. I understand why but I feel it would benefit from some more variation in patterns.
-Starts to get a little draggy because of the repetitiveness of the chart.

Carol of the Bells (YMIA) (6/10)
-The patterns are a bit ridged in this. I feel like the running men are not needed.
-The file starts to drag a bit.
-M66 to M73 - This just feels really super over layered. I feel like it's hard to understand what I'm following plus it feels out of place with the rest of the chart overall.

Catch That Train (Kongfish) (7/10)
In terms of structure the chart is okay. The jumps are consistent and the chart flows okay.
-There's a lot of repetitiveness though. I'd like to see a little more variation in the chart, but being that it's only 48 seconds I guess you can get away with it.

Celestica (Brilliant Dynamite Neon) (6/10)
-This is one of those charts where the difficulty is unbalanced. For the first two minutes it's like playing something that's in the 5/6 range (old scale) then from there it picks up, which I'm all for progression but I feel it's overly layered a bit in the end here. It jumps it a good deal. I think maybe you should lighten up on the jumps/triples.
-The file is also a bit draggy because again you have two minutes of a lighter file then jump into something more difficult for the last minute something. Maybe instead of toning down the end you could make a cut to the beginning of the chart.

Center Piercing (bmah) (9/10)
Fun file, the patterns flow nicely.

Child Protective Services Theme Song (alloyus) (7/10)
-Didn't really notice any glaring technical errors.
-What bothers me the most I think is that a lot of the chart is just 8th notes and then there's some really hard sections like with the running men and the bursts here and there.
-Some of the burst patterns are a little bit ridged.

Cloud of Darkness (pmonibuv1) (8/10)
-Didn't notice any major errors, chart flowed pretty
nicely. I think my only thing is where the song fades out I'd suggest not stepping it quite as much since it's a little hard to hear at that point.

Colibri (Niala) (9/10)
-Fun file, patterns flow nicely.

Crow's Ghost (mi40) (7/10)
-File is pretty solid and the patterns flow pretty nicely. But it starts to drag on after a while because it's a lot of the same stuff through the whole thing.

Cutthroat (AlexDest) (8/10)
-Overall really nicely done. Most of the bursts are really smooth, there are a few that were a little awkward to hit. I also think you did a nice job keeping it tame and not too over the top.

Cybertron (Cedolad) (6/10)
I have to be a bit harsher of a critic here than with DF. Some of the burst patterns really need smoothing out. I especially say this because I know how they come out converted and they don't convert well at all. I really think you should smooth those out a bit and then the file will be good to go.

Day's End (Zakvvv666) 6/10 [+.]
- I like the cut much better, it doesn't feel like it goes on forever.
- Sync seems a bit early.
- Some of the 16ths in the earlier parts of the file are a bit tough to follow. Try to stick to very clear sounds, as interpreting 16ths can be hard when the music isn't very clear about timings.
- Whoops beat 227, 32nd early.
- Those 32nd gallops that happen at around measure 74 are actually a 16th early, if they started on the beats they'd be right. Actually, I think they're 16th gallops, too.
- Ending is a bit soft, the PR is wrong and it doesn't end in a likely place.
- I like the changes so far, the cut is great and the consistency in the file has improved a lot, just need to fix the big mistakes and it's good to go.

DEIFY (TheSaxRunner) 3/10 [?]
- The early parts of the file were particularly poor. It takes more than being on-time for a file to be good, you need to use things like layering to make your files internally consistent, instead of having jumps being essentially random.
- In general the whole file is messy. There are a ton of misrhythms and mislayered areas, if any layering at all...

Discord (nickcool9999) 1/10 [-]
- That's a dump. We try to accept simfiles with some sort of relevance to the music here at ffr.

Discord (Xiz) 4/10 [+?]
- This song is pretty ****ing awesome. Really enjoyed it. Like, the first time I heard the chorus I jizzed all under my computer desk. I'm still ****ing cleaning that shit man this song is awesome.
- The FILE however is really amateurish. It has random layering and little to no musical relevance for it's choices. Granted, there are few misrhythms, and you clearly put some thought into what arrows you were putting where, but no layering no PR no techniques to make a file make sense or come across well to the player. Feel free to retry after reading up on how to make successful simfiles.

Dizzay (Xayphon) 6/10 [+.]
- One of the things you need to try to steer clear of are awkward timing weird patterns. They're what lead your files to have really poor conversions on FFR, stuff like off-timed 48ths that are represented with 64ths usually end up with odd framers or hands or something you can't really read well.
- skipped a 16th at measure 59.
- I think the file was neat for about 40 measures and then just became a pain in the ass. It's just noise, granted it has a relatively steady beat, but the song isn't even really a song and the file just gets boring and repetitive. It really needs to be much shorter.
- Another minor issue I noticed in some spots is that the file distances itself from the more relevant parts of the music to step something that's hardly audible or hard to pay attention to. Now, it's up for debate what's more relevant and what's not, but that's even more reason to be careful.

Doubt (DarkZtar) 7/10 [+.]
- The 32nds you shouldn't be using a jump in the middle of, it's just unreasonable.
- Right at measure 33, leave that trill ending on a 4 and change the jumps, it makes the transition stronger.
- beat 194.75 needs a 16th (and repetitions)
- The quad at the end makes zero sense.
- The only areas this file could improve on are consistency with the 16ths (i.e. making sure your 16th streams end at the same times in subsequent repetitions) and trying to make the transitions with heavy jumpjacks a bit more comfortable.

Down Temperature (Dossar vs. icyworld) 8/10 [+]
- That intro was really gay. Also it seems sync'd a bit late compared to the section starting after measure 16.
- The ending has some very obvious missed notes (i.e. beat 254.500)
- Good length for the file, it's actually really enjoyable, just the intro is awkward.

dr1 (hi19hi19) 8/10 [+]
- Wtf are those 2 48ths for?
- Measure 6 seems kind of odd to me, you add the hi-hats at the start of the measure and then cut them half-way through.
- The stream is very One Direction.
- I think the song sucks as a file but it's done well so w/e.

Dreamerz (rayword45) 4/10 [+?]
- sync is about 10 ms early.
- After playing 20 measures there were enough misrhythms to make me want to stop.
- On top of that it's just inconsistent and has random void spaces.

Enchanting Venus 9/10 [+]
- The only thing I could complain about in this file is the PR is weak but it goes basically unnoticed.
- The hands give this file a real edge that it didn't have before, I find it strong and it does a great job of representing the music.

Endless Tewi-ma Park (Zakvvv666) 7/10 [+.]
- A couple of missing 16ths at beats 136.250 and 138.250
- ghost 16th at 193.750
- arguable ghost 16th at 203.750
- missing 16th at 208.250
- hand at 248 is somewhat unnecessary
- This song is adorable and the file is pretty solid. Check over the first 16 or so measures to make the patterns a bit more friendly and a couple small misrhythm fixes, but it's all hardly noticable.

Enjoyable Fruit (Elite Ninja) 5/10 [+?]
- so i herd u like misrhythms. 23.750, 27.750, 31.750, etc.
- and then you fixed it. that's a poor choice, ignoring a sound for the sake of climax theory just looks like you ****ed up and missed something.
- measure 30 should have some 12ths for the voice thing
- missing 16ths at 122.750 and 123.250.
- yeah just tons of misrhythms with that voice thing, go over it again.
- those offbeat 32nd things are neat but the last two are mistimed, they get a bit slower as it goes.
- ~beat 193 is wrong too, keep in tone with your earlier choices.
- If you'd like I'll show you how to sync those 48ths so that they come up on time instead of awkwardly off-sync.

Entry (Dossar) 6/10 [+.]
- Intro PR is weak, I realize you can't do it strictly because it'd just be a circle but it's weak regardless of that.
- those 12ths don't flow well into the 16ths in measure 17, I think it's the jack continuing an extra arrow on the up arrow (with the [34] jump)
- consistency error at beat 82, jump before not a jump now.
- Also I don't like the switch to a single jack in measure 29, it's inconsistent.
- Something ****ed up with the bpm-changey section because that is not sync'd correctly at all.

Erase Us (VisD) 5/10 [+?]
- The 32nd at beat 63.625 is a ghost note.
- beat 71.5 and 71.75 are ghost notes.
- why no arrow at beat 76?
- measure 24 should have the lyrics "randoooooom colour theory" 'cause it makes no sense. repeats too etc.
- The file gets inconsistent here, it starts layering the lyrics without the guitar except with the guitar awkwardly, and then switches randomly into the jack thing... You could just layer them and choose a more appropriate way to step the jacks before to have a more consistent final product.
- The file seems to switch somewhat at random between layers, which is tough to follow.
- And on top of that the jumpjacks, and I noticed the file in general, has a bad tendency to stick to using the same arrows over and over again, which is easily solved by using a different jump on your jacks instead of using the same one 2-3 times in a row.
- measure 37 should be a 5 note 32nd trill.
- I mean, I could go on about some misrhythms and general consistency errors but I think I've made my point.

Extratone Pirates (t-rogdor) 7/10 [+.]
- measure 6... I listened really hard and didn't hear anything for those 16ths. And even if there is something if it's that hard to find it probably shouldn't be there.
- These patterns are some massive shit.
- Uh... I mean I guess so. This file is generally some massive shit but at least it's somewhat managable and the steps make sense.

F (Jake Ferguson) 5/10 [+?]
- missed two notes at beat 6.250 and 6.375
- ghost note at 15.5
- pretty sure that note a 76.75 is a ghost.
- however one at 80.250 wouldn't be.
- btw this whole section could use something other than single arrows, a bit of layering would make it more relevant to the music.
- beat 98.333 huh?
- I'd like to point out m.56 where you started randomly layering the basskick (that was always there but not brought up until now) along with the snare.
- starting measure 66 has a couple mistakes with misrhythms.
- Ending needs a touch up with the pianer stuff.

F+ ToG (~Zeta~) 6/10 [+.]
- Entering measure 19 'dat anchor is gross.
- beat 79 etc. jumps please there's a snare it's like a rule, particularly when you're using that pattern and when it's vague layering like that.
- lots'a ghosties around here, careful of that.
- that stream at measure 54 made me wet.
- another bad anchor in measure 70.
- I might recommend putting that 16th triplet in at measure 72 for the drums. Where the music is actually syncopated to start late, the drums play in the transition and not as much in the solo measures, so it fits better.
- stream at measure 87 is one maaaaaaaaaasssssssssssive anchor.
- Starting at measure 120 massive misrhythms.
- missed a 4th at beat 575
- and at 578.
- key change was nice.
- missed a jumpat beat 776.5
- One of the issues with the file is that it leaves a lot of dead air because there's such a focus on the guitars that layering the drums to sometimes fill those areas well enough.

Jeh Jeh Slammin' (Charu) 6/10 [+.]
- Whoaaaaa this file was really good and then measure 26 happened. What was that?
- Issues with that: drops layering, timing of that mess at the end, rhythms.
- careful using swing 24ths into a 32nd roll, polyrhythmic effects will occur.
- missed a 24th before measure 69.
- those 24th's too, you should try to keep your jumps layered in. Transitions like those are typically where files get more intense because it's the end of a section, (i.e. a smaller climax theory kinda thing)
- beat 307.750 + repetitions is a ghost note.
- This is unfortunately one of those files that the more I play it the more I realize there's actually quite a few ghost notes throughout it, for example beat 116.75, 119.25, etc. Some of it is implied and you can get away with, but some of it you can't, and finding that line is how to make this chart successful.

Lightning Strikes Again (Kommi) 9/10 [+]
- the spots with the grace notes in between 16ths feel a bit off (intro)
- measure 57 nice 16ths that are actually 12ths.
- measure 64 the 8th shouldn't be a hand
- measure 139 could'a done a lot more with the synth
- that's it great file overall.

Overdrive (psychoangel691) 8/10 [+]
- i'd call it a misrhyth for the 16th a 35.750, it's probably drums vs. synth but still
- beat 90 i find transitions somewhat weak out of what's coming before because it's easy to forget the guitar is relevant.
- right before measure 84 the 4 note jack is kinda silly, the entire file has been basically 2 note ones, but this one is 4. I get that it's there for the 32nd in between, but the jack is more prevalent.
- hand to end with is kinda weird, it's a fade out after all.

Posers Listen To Fakebit Music (AlexDest) 8/10 [+]
- Fine, nothing much to complain about here, good consistency which I like to see.
- The one thing I'll touch on is the hands are odd and kind of unwarranted.

Soulcrusher (megamon88) 9/10 [+]
- You do realize that's a 32nd roll at 340 bpm right?
- Just making sure.
- Three Hundred and Fourty....
- Okay then, if you're sure.

Vortex (Choofers) 8/10 [+]
- Um, the fact that this is just noise for like 4 ****ing minutes and the file is gayer than Clay Aitken aside, gj.
- go back to stepmania now. <3

Last edited by bmah; 11-29-2012 at 03:53 AM..