View Single Post
Old 02-3-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Alive/Dead Ambigram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
This is pretty neat, so I couldn't help but mess around with it a bit. I hope that's okay, eheh.

1. The V in ALIVE has to be big to be the first letter of DEAD, which makes the A in ALIVE is small. To be larger, I figured it could be merged with the D.
2. The E in ALIVE seems to be missing its top, so the curl could go out farther.
3. The E / I in the middle is thin compared to the letters around it, so changing around the curls inside the L can help with that.
4. There are many more small curls below DEAD than above, so it feels unbalanced (though that may be intentional, as if it's dripping blood one way and growing plants the other, which can work.)

Full Size
Oh that's a neat interpretation. I'm going to redo it and work off of yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_rules View Post
Is it possible to flesh out defined edges in letters with white lines to highlight specific points so the letters are easier to distinguish from the background? I'm not an artist but I find it hard to read these things without knowing what I'm looking for to begin with. I feel like noticing it at a first glance would make it so much better.
Most ambigrams are like that. Its more to do with the fact that you're over stylizing so that you can work the words so it becomes another word upside down on backwards on word within a word. Its just the nature