View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #47
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
I want to say typically claiming SK as SK (unless it's the only thing that will save you from getting lynched, or maybe a few other rare-ish scenarios where you're forced to play your hand) will decrease your chances of winning the game, significantly. killing the SK is part of town's win condition.
I agree that most of the time it will work against you, but in the other scenarios it's also a gambit, sort of like fakeclaiming cop. You have a remarkably high chance of getting killed by town when you execute it (and mess up), but gambits in and of themselves are parts of a larger strategy and should be treated as such. (e.g. thinking ahead and realizing that it's impossible to survive if you last until the Final Three, and claiming allows you to end the game during a night phase, claiming at least makes it possible to survive; or, fakeclaiming cop will 100% get you killed later on, but if you are a sinking ship you can claim cop in order to expose the real cop and help your teammates before you die.)

I agree with the malicious intent part --- but there's a difference between making a risky gambit and having it fail vs conceding the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote