View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
Kyzentun
FFR Player

Default Re: Worth starting now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm_Tree View Post
4. On OS X, running SM 5.0.7, how does one change the arrow speed? I searched through the arrow speed sticky and can't seem to find information relevant to my current state.
5.0.7 uses the system shown in this album of images: http://imgur.com/a/5D1nI
Basically, on the Player Options screen, the first thing on the line is your current speed (also shown in a nameplate in the corner now, the screenshots are a bit old). The choices with a + will increase your current speed and the choices with - will decrease it. Xmod, Cmod, and Mmod change the type of the speed modifier.
You can change the size of the increments used in the Advanced Options part of the Service Menu, reachable from Options on the title screen or pressing Scroll Lock.
The point of this system is so that nobody ever has to edit the theme again to be able to use the speedmod they want. (unless they're Jousway with his weird Amod implementation, which is just Mmod with different logic for figuring out the song's intended bpm)

SMO has a list of too many packs. Personally, I play the Animusic packs and the Touhou Gensouyou/Mahouyou/whateveryou pad packs, even on keyboard.