View Single Post
Old 07-1-2020, 05:46 AM   #208
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 13th Official Tournament: Round 1 Discussion

I didn't play through all of the files yet. For the ones I have tried:

D2 - Overall, I received positive sentiment for this chart. Really happy to get back into stepping after being on hiatus for 5+ years. Thanks!

D5 - Very fun and well-stepped file! A lot of tricky (especially the trill) but manageable patterns. Really enjoyed the feeling of "swing" in my playthrough of the file. I was lucky to AAA it on my 3rd try.

D6 - Also very fun and well-stepped! There is a ton of good structure, which makes the playthrough feel very intuitive to hit. The trill and the minijack parts are fairly challenging but also manageable to play through. I'm possibly overthinking these tricky patterns because D6 is my assigned division.

D7 - I really enjoyed the variety of rhythm this chart offers. The 16th-24th polyrhythms and the 16th hand-jack combination at the end of the file felt very aggressive in my playthrough. It captures the feel of the song (and it's possible that I'm just simply lacking enough speed), so it is warranted. Overall fun and challenging chart!

D8 - Fun chart that requires a ton of stamina and speed (two things I completely lack at the moment haha). Good variety of patterns to keep a fairly repetitive song very engaging for the player. I need to start incorporating that idea in my future stepcharts.

For all of the files, I really love the variety of the song choices this round. I hope that keeps up in the remainder of the tournament and future releases. Great work everyone!

Last edited by iironiic; 07-1-2020 at 05:47 AM..
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote