View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
_Fluttershy_
72 Black Flags & Counting
FFR Veteran

Default Re: DanMeister/_Fluttershy_ AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger, a moose, a hedgehog, a toad, and a pony. You're holding 9d Jd and the flop is 6h Js 5d. The tiger is looking pretty aggressive and a bit sly, while thrashing its tail round a little bit, grinning, and simply checks. The moose is looking a little scared of the tiger, starts moving its chips towards the pot but rapidly takes them back and also checks. The hedgehog already folded preflop. The toad is asleep and automatically disqualified from the hand. The pony is showing absolutely no emotion or expression at all, and seems to be taking no notice of what is happening around itself, but then it slowly goes all-in for about 1.25 times the pot. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?
Well I'm all about the big plays, so I'd probably raise. Running away isn't necessarily an option unless the tiger suddenly goes out of control and starts becoming aggressive and threatening to my health. I'd fold if I thought I was in the shit and I'm not exactly. I mean this is a strange but mentally testing question. But my final answer would be to fold probably as with a 3 of a kind my only possible winning outcome, it wouldn't be worth risking especially against someone who's going all in despite his deteriorating state.

Quote:
My username is, by coincidence, two letters away from your old username. How does this make you feel?
Well, I'm not all that bothered, but my old username also has a '1234' on the end of it. I signed up to FFR as DanMeister1234 which I didn't include in the thread title, but still that's cool I guess lol.

Quote:
How likely do you think a UK FFR meetup is going to happen, ever? If it were to happen, ever, what would be the most likely location in your opinion?
Unlikely. I would like it to happen but it won't. The site as a whole is dying, there is very little interest in it, there's not as many new members who become regulars as there used to be; a lot of old members are leaving forever (I am potentially gonna be one of them). On the thread I made a while back suggesting a UK meet-up, I got very little feedback and very few responses from people which inturn made me think that a meet-up is unlikely. And only a few people responded and most of them were pessimistic about it aswell. The most likely location would have to be somewhere convenient and at least worth visiting (London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc, a big city or at least somewhere fun)

Quote:
Which of these 3 situations would you most hate to be in, and which situation would you least hate?
1) you wake up duct taped to the floor of your university room and all of your stuff is duct taped to the ceiling
2) you wake up duct taped to a wall of your university room and all of your stuff is duct taped to the wall opposite you
3) you wake up duct taped to the ceiling of your university room and all of your stuff is duct taped to the floor (but not directly below you)
I'd rather have Option 2 if any and I'd hate to have Option 1 as there's a chance that the stuff could become undone and fall on me ... and that would hurt lol.

_Fluttershy_ is offline   Reply With Quote