View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Bus Rides With People [10 or 11]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Bumping this because I just played it, and I really feel it should be bumped to an FMO.

Like Stavie said, BRWP has an equal number of tricky parts as Novu Mundo, but the level of difficulty those areas give along with the broken jumpstream which can be incredibly hard to follow do warrant a bump. Those areas mentioned by Rushy shows just how difficult it really is, and while the 2nd picture is jumptrillable, it doesn't mean people going for a AAA don't have nerves. I know when I have nerves on a file that has jumptrillable patterns, I actually subconsciously try to legitimately do a pattern instead of jumptrill it because I'm so ~in the moment~.

I think BRWP should definitely be an FMO.

EDIT: We always talk about files like OtFD and Radical Rat being the "Boss of their difficulty". In the VC difficulty, we have two of those, BRWP, and Feld. Obviously, BRWP is more difficult (lolsubjective) than Feld, but Feld is still considered one of the top 10's. Let's have Feld be the example of the highest VC, and BRWP be an example of the lowest FMO, along with Novo Mundo.

Feld is far trickier from an objective view as far as I can tell. I think the gap between the two files is much larger than people think. I'm still for raising Feldschlatt to FMO, BRWP? Not so much. They are both the bosses, but subjectivemanias aside, I feel objectively I could explain why Feld is harder, I won't however unless requested. But I say if we move BRWP up, then Feld must be moved up as well, consistency is key.

Also, BRWP has nearly twice as many AAA's as Feldschlatt...hmm. Feldschlatt is longer, more consistently difficult (it doesn't have breaks like in BRWP), lever lets up with the jumpstream and grace notes which are so easy to get goods on, including some extremely tricky PA killers, and a triple 16th jack at the end just to steal the AAA from you. It requires more control and consistency. Feldschlatt has constantly dense patterns that are tricky to read and require lots of control and have odd syncopation that trips you up easily, on top of strange mini jacks, including one in a 24th 3 rolls out of nowhere. BRWP has maybe 3 tricky parts, 2 of which can be cheated, 1 of which is easy to learn, figure out, and has plenty of reaction time (the 32nd 64th weird jump thing near the beginning). The rest of the file is straight forward 16th stream that's far easier than LWIV, which we dropped to VC a while ago. This should not be moved up.
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 05-17-2012 at 06:54 PM..