Old 05-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #42
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
You don't even need to go remotely that far to find hypocrites in the pro-life movement. How about we even grant that they refer only to human life. How many of them are pro-life of poor people, or immigrants, or children in the foster care system or the homeless?
The counter-argument used in that case is that the scope of the argument is to abortion. Really, the whole courtroom narrative with the pro-choice/pro-life labeling is ridiculous. It's basically "you're an enemy and I need to demonize you" -- which is why the pro-life side is so obsessed with wanting to use terms like pro-death, baby killers, murderers, etc.

Disproportionate focus is spent on trying to pass legislation to ban abortion without keeping the following in mind:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
What the bill doesn't prevent:
- Miscarriages
- Vassholes (fourth degree tears, yuck!)
- Other severe damage. I'd suggest not looking up pictures of uterine prolapse if you don't want to vomit.
- Cesarean sections. The thought of a C-section makes me want to throw up.
- Death (happens a surprising number of times in childbirth)
- Unsafe abortion ("back-alley" abortions)
- Financial stress
- Multiple pregnancies, which have a higher rate of fetal death
- Fetal abnormalities. Anencephaly is lethal for the fetus and is just one of many.

So where's the plan to make sure women get the proper prenatal care if they are required to go through a full pregnancy? And where does this bill help the fetus again?
The woman still has to go through a full pregnancy which can result in many complications, and there are so many different scenarios where an abortion is considered that trying to generalize it in a courtroom instead of thinking of technological innovation (e.g. artificial incubator) is so fundamentally broken.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote