Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Team Blaze
FFR Player

Default Team Blaze Secret Santa

Team Blaze
Secret Santa Winter 2012

~Hosted by Benguin & Middie~
Backstory:
Hey! Ben here. As of recent, I've been trying to come up with some ideas for events that would get the whole team together and involved. With the holiday season fast approaching, I figured we could do something holiday themed that would that would allow us to enjoy the holiday season just a little bit more and to spread that holiday joy around Anyways, the idea for doing this event for the team came from Kana (magicturbo) so remember to give her a big thanks.

Requirements to participate:
-You must be a Team Blaze member
-You must be a willing to create/buy a gift and be able to send it to the person you are assigned to (read on if you are confused.) You must be able to find a way to ship the item to said person, whether that be by mail, email (if you are going to send something digital, like a profile for example or a well-drawn piece of art), or by any other means you can think of sending the item (if you are not sure, pm me and middie.)
-You must be willing to have your address known by a minimum of 3 people: Me, Middie, and the person who is giving your gift. Don't worry, we will not expose your address for the whole team or the whole site to see.

How to sign up:
Send me or Middie a pm with the following information:
-Your address
-Your preferred email address

How does secret santa work?
This is the general concept of secret santa (or at least how I've known it to be). Each participant is going to receive a gift from somebody, however they won't know who their gift is from. Also each participant will be assigned (randomly) to give a gift to a person but the person receiving your gift won't know it's from you. In other words, everyone gets and gives a gift and nobody knows who their gift is from (although you're free to speculate when you receive it! )

Who is organizing this event?
Me and Middie. Middie won't be doing division placements, so nothing to worry about there people. And since the gifter->giftee relationships will be decided randomly via random # generator, you don't even have to worry Middie making any type of bad judgement.

Why two organizers?
With one organizer, if the organizer were to participate, he/she will already know who his/her gift is from. We've set up a system (whose schematics is somewhat complicated so I won't get into it) with two organizers so that way both organizers won't know who their gift is from.

Is there a price limit?
Yes, we are going to impose a $30 price limit (as in $30 before calculating the cost of shipping.) This is to avoid having people buying each other $500 gifts and to be making other people feel bad about the amount that they spent on the gift they bought.

How is this going to work exactly?
-Starting from the creation of this thread till the end of the signup period (October 31st at 11:59 pm server time), we will be processing signups. Please
-When the signup period ends, Me and Middie will be using a random # generator to be figuring out who each person is going to be sending a gift to.
-After we are done with that, we will PM each participant the name of the person who they have to get a gift for, and the address of that person.
-You will have till that point on until Christmas Day (December 25th) to get/make and send a gift to that person.
-If you are mailing: Please research how long it's going to ship your item to your person's address so that way you can ship it ahead of time to ensure it arrives there before Christmas day. Also, please wrap/package your present in such a way, so that it is obvious this gift is from someone participating in Team Blaze Secret Santa (you can literally write in big bold letters "TEAM BLAZE SECRET SANTA" on the box)
-If you are emailing: Put something like "TB Secret Santa Gift [DON'T OPEN UNTIL XMAS!]" in the subject title. Also, don't send it from an email address that makes it obvious who you are (for example, I wouldn't send the email from my arrowsmashingpenguin@gmail.com account).
-When you receive your gift from your secret santa, please wait until Christmas Day to open it! On Christmas, we can all open our presents and enjoy our special Christmas Day together! Then, feel free to post pics of your Secret Santa present and to speculate who your gift is from!

What if I want to also personally send gifts to specific participants in addition to sending a gift to my assigned person?
-PM me the name(s) of the people who'd you also like to send gifts to. We will send you their addresses when the sign-up period ends if those people are still participating.

"I signed up but I've decided I don't want to participate anymore! What do I do?!"
You are free to drop out before the signup period ends (October 31st @ 11:59pm server time). If you'd like to drop out, just send me or Middie a PM and we'll remove you from the participants list. After the sign-up period ends, you will be held morally responsible to get your assigned person a gift. Not doing so, will result in some consequences (read below)

What if I'm signed up and I don't send my assigned person a gift?
-You will not be allowed to participate in future Secret Santa events in the future years.
-You will be banned from the team for a month
-Some people might lose some respect for you

What if I don't want people to know my address but I still want to participate?
You can consider using a relative's or friend's address and have your relative/friend ship/send it to you. If you are still uncomfortable with giving a physical address, you can just sign up with an email address but then you can only expect some type of gift via email.

Will this OP look prettier later?
You bet.

Any other questions?
PM me or Middie.
Participants:
Total: 4

Xx{Midnight}xX
reuben_tate
Hateandhatred
Zekramcross

Last edited by Team Blaze; 10-14-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Team Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote