devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalicia View Post
-Yes.
-No, didn't you write the "Logical Fallacy and You!" topic? lovely.
-The third question is an interesting proposal, actually.
-And finally: plenty of them. Though I'll save my advice. The game is good enough and people know what they're doing. I'll leave em to it.
So yes there's a compelling reason to keep them, but no the game wouldn't be worse if they were taken out? And if you have a bunch of suggestions, saying you're going to not make them, in the suggestions forum, at the request of site staff asking you to make suggestions, is sort of confusing to me.

Quote:
It's Ignoratio elenchi. Cause if that was supposed to be arguing (which I'm sure you're normally quite good at) then maybe cut the modus ponen/tollen bullshit and people won't be dissuaded from wasting their time long enough to explain their perspective. especially the ones who are only trying to validate whatever reasoning is behind the decision to retain some outdated incentivising ploy whose only intention is site growth. My intention is the benefit of this site and the community, what's yours?
Have you considered that my questions were actually entirely genuine and asked entirely genuinely and not as a rhetorical ploy? Like...it's not a red herring to ask if you think the game would be worse with no purchased/secret songs in a thread about how to make the purchased genre more relevant. I think one of the perfectly valid opinions to have about "What to do about credits/purchased genre" is "Get rid of it"

Asking you for where you stand on the general subject helps address ideas about the specific suggestion you made. If you think that credits might be something that could just be removed, then there's more to talk about in terms of "finding ways to reward step artists" when we've established that you aren't mandatorily marrying the idea to the credits/shop system. It also establishes whether what you're doing is primarily searching for ways to incentivize step artists to step, or whether you are primarily searching for ways to make credits relevant or the shop relevant or what.

My intention is always the benefit of the site and community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry
I think the best thing for credits would be to just wipe everyones credits (ommggg people will cry, the same people who probably say credits are worthless tho???) and then add things to buy with them that people would actually want, e.g. custom username color on ffr forums, custom user title color, custom name colour in the FFR multiplayer lobby etc.
If the benefits are intangible (like username colours etc) do you think it's necessary to wipe all current credits? Is it an issue if the people who've been playing for years can already just get whatever they want? I suppose we'd need to be careful about scaling the costs of things. We should see if we've got data on like...total credit count and how quickly credits enter into the game. We could probably mostly figure it out with daily gameplay data. Would you envision this stuff being like, for a week/month at a time, or the ability to just purchase the ability to customize it? Vets can edit usertitles, so would we also take that away? I'm all for finding ways to make credits relevant beyond "Spending 155,354 and also holding onto 150,000" but how much do you even think "wanting to get access to all the purchased/secret songs" is actually driving activity?

Last edited by devonin; 03-6-2018 at 04:11 PM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote