View Single Post
Old 11-1-2016, 12:37 AM   #458
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: 2nd Post-Official Team Tournament Extravaganza (Hosted by DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Okay, I have the current overall results up to the first two rounds:

1st: Team SUCC: 110,000 Credits (1st Place in Round 1 and 2nd Place in Round 2 with 19/21 correct answers) - Likely safe from elimination
2nd: Team Egg Salad: 90,000 Credits (3rd Place in Round 1 and 1st place in Round 2. Had all 21 correct answers in Round 2) - Likely safe from eliminatiom
3rd: Team Mostly Downscroll: 50,000 Credits (2nd Place in Round 1, 3rd Place in Round 2. Had 17/21 correct answers in Round 2) - Unknown if safe from elimination
5th Place (Tie): Team 1 and Team 3: 10,000 Credits (Team 1 was 4th in Round 1, but 5th in Round 2 with 2/21 correct answers) (Team 3 had 11/21 correct answers in Round 2) - Higher placement of Team 1 or Team 3 avoids elimination for the higher placed teams.
I'm aware this post isn't likely to change anything, but I feel like it's necessary to note that Team Egg Salad and Team 1 are both missing two divisions worth of song submissions for Round 1. With that said, it seems like it would only be fair to drop the two worst scores from every other team, in order to fairly evaluate team performances while including the teams that were missing two submissions each.

If you remove two submissions from every full team (allowing every team to compete with five members), you get these results for Round One:

1. Team Mostly Downscroll (0 Raw Goods)
2. Team SUCC (1 Raw Good)
3. Team 3 (5 Raw Goods)
4. Team Egg Salad (7 Raw Goods)
5. Team 1 (7.6 Raw Goods)

Given that this is a team tournament, I feel that it is only fair that you require the full team to participate, and I consider the above to be a generous concession to the teams that were not able to fully participate.

I don't know how that would impact the rankings after including the results of round two, but it strikes me as preposterous to, in a team tournament, take teams that were missing nearly a third of their required submissions and place them above a team that fulfilled the requirement, without even pausing to identify how that team would've performed without two submissions as well.

You might as well be saying, "If you have a bad score, don't play it! You'll be ranked higher for staying absent!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

Last edited by ShadoWolfe; 11-1-2016 at 12:38 AM..