View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #756
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 493: Whack World by Tierra Whack

Is this the year of the sub-30 minute hip-hop album? Of course it is that ain't even a question lol.

This album consists of 15 one-minute tracks. That combined with the title made me expect something akin to JPEGMAFIA, but where that felt like a deconstruction of soundcloud rap this feels more in line with other soundcloud rap, other than the shortness of the tracks. Certainly far less abrasive and experimental on the whole.

Most of these snippets are good and catchy minus a few actually awful tracks like the weirdly twangy Fuck Off, but therein lies the problem. The last album I remember listening to with the same gimmick was The Residents' Commercial Album, but there there felt like MORE of a reason for the gimmick, and trying the same "loop it 3 times" trick does nothing for me, not that that was the point. And comparing this to something like Some Rap Songs these tracks feel WAY less developed.

Enjoyable but underwhelming.

Best Track: Sore Loser
Rating: 5.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote