View Single Post
Old 06-5-2013, 02:12 AM   #6311
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Batch #1 complete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
a lot of your other files got around 5~6 scores from some of the judges so i would say the 5 isn't too far off, probably a harsh judgement still but it still makes some sense, it's not like "wow this song is shit 1/10" or "lol lawn wake 3 here's a 2/10"
Anything I say will be irrelevant. The judgements were uncalled for because the quality of notes are 100% subpar. If someone does notes such as:

"N's Farewell / Xx{Midnight}xX
rating: 7.5/10 [+.]
- 22.91s,83.22s,87.16s: single arrow
- 23.82s,32.91s,34.73s,etc.: jump (in addition to the grace note) to piano chord
- 41.70s: recommend up arrow for PR
- 72.06s,etc.: no 48th, just a plain old 64th grace note here
- 49.26s: similarly, no 128th prior to the 4th; just another 64th grace note
- 51.15s,80.19s: no 48th, but unlike previously, there is a note prior to the 4th
- 55.94-56.25s: should just be a jump then a single note
- 67.16-67.50s,79.28s: actually just normal jumps. I suppose the octave spread between the piano chords gave a "grace note" sort of illusion.
- Summary: Beautiful song and good for novices to play. Most of the grace notes are actually stepped correctly, but a number of them still are not on sync or have one too many arrows. I think a lot of people will enjoy this file."

I think their judgement is of a lot higher merit than:

[Resubmission] N's Farewell – 5/10
- For an easier file of this difficulty the hands should go. I’m not enforcing a Tass-era type hand policy here or anything but this is a calm piano song that would be better stepped gracefully than with heavy layering.
- Make the two-note gallops a jump. This is an easier file and gallops are annoying when a player of this level should be learning proper rhythms first. It also covers the gallop anyways so it’s a plus.
- Rather than have a long 8th stream I would suggest following the prominent melody.
- I can picture a great easier file for this song. But in its current state, it feels like a long 8th stream with forced layering to a calm song. I would suggest getting rid of the grace notes.

In comparison, Dossar's notes just aren't acceptable. They aren't specific and every comment he makes is highly subjective. There's nothing of value to anyone in there. Not a single note he made helped in the changes I made this afternoon. In fact, when notes are posted, I copy paste them all into a notepad doc and go through them. His are completely absent. On purpose. I'd have gladly taken a 5 with the other set of notes, no problem. These, not a chance.

But yeah like I said, this will go ignored, I'll just be silenced again illogically, and the day will continue.

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming batches. I just wanna get through this queue I have so I can finally step something new and not have it rot in a folder because of - comment withheld - .