View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #87
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: DP/RATO move to tokens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
For me, the problem isn't the files themselves -- it's the game's scoring mechanics. If the game was raw scoring, I'm sure this argument wouldn't be happening at all.
Same. What is the point of having public scores on songs essentially no one can really pull off decent ranks on, without blatant disregard for actually being rhythmically accurate (ie: mashing everything)? Personally I feel this way about the leader-boards in general, but especially with these two files, combo scoring ruins any sort of actual skill representation for even most D7 players. If combo scoring is here to stay, files like this shouldn't really be around affecting public average ranks. It's just mashing for pretty much everyone, period.

What would be cool is if RATO / DP get moved, the leader-boards get wiped (unless you want your score to stay). Then people won't give a shit about FC'ing them because they aren't public, and we can see a much better representation of player skill with PA. I'd personally love to replace my shit mashed FC's with my nice PA runs. Perhaps that is just me though, how would others feel about something like that?