View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Arrow Epic FFR Battle Tournament #1

EPIC FFR BATTLE #1

Contest sign-ups are closed. The second round is currently underway.

Intro:

Hello all, today I will be introducing a new type of tournament, one that will test your abilities not only in FFR scoring, but in other aspects as well. In order to win this tournament, you must be both skilled at FFR, as well as be able skillfully interact with other people. This means that even if you're not a Shash or a Rubix at FFR, you can still win, as long as you're half-decent. This was a very random idea, and I have to admit I didn't prepare very well. I just have to hope that I will be successful at improvising.

Details:

- There is no specific prize, except for first place. Some of you may think it's unfair, but the vast majority of the credits are actually earned through bonuses, not being first.

- Be prepared to socializing with others in the tournament. Sometimes in the tournament you'll be forced to team or attack someone. Psychology and reputation can play a big part in the tournament. If you are a very experienced player, be warned that you may be the center of attention, which can be positive or negative, depending on how you play your cards.

- Scores will be PM'ed or sent to "stargroup100@flashflashrevolution.com" with the e-mail titled, "FFR BATTLE SCORES - (username here)".

- This tournament will also incorporate actions. Actions are decisions that specifically designate a target. For example, if you had a choice to attack someone during one round, you would tell me by sending me an action. Describe and send all actions by PM or to "stargroup100@flashflashrevolution.com" with the e-mail titled, "FFR BATTLE ACTIONS - (username here)". If your description is unclear I will reject it.

- Because of the way the tournament is set-up, there will be only one division, and knockouts depend solely on your performance. The tournament will continue as long as more than one person is still in.

- THE FIRST ROUND IS CRUCIAL!! It's actually fine if you skip a round or two, but if you miss the first round you will be eliminated automatically (you'll soon see why).

- You can re-submit your score as many times as you like, EXCEPT for the first round.

- If you find a hole in the rules, let me know ASAP. If I find that someone is deliberately trying to find ways around the rules to gain advantage, they will be disqualified.

- If you have questions please PM me or post in this thread.

- I can change what I want, when I want. A new post in the thread will be made upon each change.

Again, there will be a lot of social interaction. Many decisions you make will affect the status of others. AIM or another online messenger is recommended, as it will be a bit easier to talk.

Donations:
- ledwix: 1000t (t = # of participants) = 30k
- vengefullangel: 45k?

ROUND 2

Here we go, the second round. The story begins...

So we're all walking through the forest of FFR, simple adventurers looking for treasure. We're all strangers to each other, but we soon realize we're after the same thing. A little fight breaks loose due to the competition, but the conflict soon dies down when a bright glow appears, blinding everyone. When the light dies down, you see a young mage standing in front of you, back turned away. (That would be me.)

Wha- YES, THE TELEPORT SPELL WORKS!!! *looks around, then turns around*
Oh, here you are. *clears throat*

Hello everyone, I'm your guide. Some of you may be wondering why you're here, how you got here, and why the storyline is so poorly built. I didn't feel like spending 5 hours typing this, okay? Get off my back.

Anyways, you're all here so you can search for the lost treasure of FFR. It's going to be a long journey, and only a few will make it. In the end though, it will be well worth it. Even if you don't bring anything back, the experience will be a thrill. Some of you won't survive, but that's not the point. There will many obstacles in your way, and you might find that you'll get yourself in a lot sticky situations, but I believe everything will work out in the end.

I bid you all farewell. Good luck!

Another flash of blinding light appears, and by the time it dies down he is gone. And so you all begin your journey into the forest. It's about 11:00 AM, so the sun is shining bright. And yet, for some reason, the wolves are out. You take your first step- wait, wolves?

Event: Attack of the Wolves

Whoa whoa whoa, where the **** did these wolves come from?

There are 5 wolves. Each wolf has 50 HP. If by the end of the round you don't finish off the wolves, EVERYONE will be inflicted with HP*.5+20 damage for each wolf. The person do deal the finishing blow on a wolf gets an item.

You may attack other people this round, but I strongly do not suggest it.

Wolf 1 - 0/50 HP [4: 2A] [12: 2A, 2B, 2C] 2 damage overkill
Wolf 2 - 32/50 HP [4: 2B]
Wolf 3 - 0/50 HP [4: 2C] [29: 2A, 2B, 2C] 2 damage overkill
Wolf 4 - 50/50 HP
Wolf 5 - 50/50 HP

Enemy Analysis:
Wolf (lvl 2) - Extremely aggressive creature. Roams the forest. Relatively weak, but has much power in large numbers.

Attack Listing
Below are attack requirements. If you manage to reach a level requirement and send me a screenshot, you will be allowed to use that specific attack. Each attack is labeled. If you want to use an attack, send me an action with instructions above, telling me who you want to attack. These are not required, but they move the game along, so it would be nice if you do what you can.

1A: Horizon [Misc. pg 2] - full combo (8 damage)
1B: Frozen Rain [Dance2 pg 2] - full combo (13 damage)
1C: Secrets and Lies [Dance2 pg 4] - full combo with <15 goods, <4 boos, average = 2 goods (18 damage)
1D: Nova Pulsar [Dance2 pg 8] - <2 misses, <10 boos (28 damage)
1E *healing technique*: None Would Escape [Dance 2 pg 8] - full combo with <10 boos (choose a player OTHER than yourself, +20 hit points)
1F: One Minute Waltz [Classical pg 1] - <50 misses (20 damage)
1G: Jurs OP [Classical pg 2] - full combo with SDG, <2 boos, average = 2 goods (21 damage)
1H: Snowflakes [Misc. pg 1] - AAA (10 damage)

2A: Aztec Templing (Techno-Titlan mix) [Dance2] - full combo (13 damage)
2B: Be Princess [Dance2] - full combo with <5 boos (18 damage)
2C: 8-bit Day Dreamer [Misc.] - full combo with <3 goods, average = 2 goods, <2 boos (8 damage)
2D *Item Creation*: Kaleidoscope [Misc.] - full combo with SDG, no boos (earn Wooden Sword - WS)

Item Listing:

- P1: Potion lvl 1 - Heal 20 HP to target player. (Can be yourself or someone else.)
- P2: Potion lvl 2 - Heal 40 HP to target player. (Can be yourself or someone else.)
- DS: Deflection Shield - Target attack used on you is negated and is effect is applied to attacker instead. Cannot use after HP falls to 0.
- WS: Wooden Sword - One free attack each round of 5 damage. Permanent. (Equipment)

Rules/Tips:

- Like all games, if your hit points reach 0, you're dead. Eliminated. Most of the time, losing hit points is because of attacks from other players. Make sure to get on their good side.
- I will post who attacks who with what, so watch out, as players may want to take revenge on you.
- You can attack someone before their hit points are set. The final calculations will be done at the end of the round.
- If you want to eliminate someone first, but you can't accumulate enough damage, see if you can convince a someone to help.
- Don't eliminate the best players just because you're afraid of competition. They may help you later in the tournament.
- Don't eliminate the newbies too fast either. Perhaps they can be significant later on (hint hint), and getting them on your side may prove useful.
- Sometimes, you DON'T want a high starting hit point level, or everyone may target you.
- If you're afraid you may be targeted, feel free to convince others not to. Whether you manage to convince them is up to you.
- Discussion is encouraged. Use this thread, AIM, e-mail, PM, whatever means necessary.
- The attacks for each round cannot be carried over (unless I say so of course, but not this round). Use them this round or don't use them at all.
- Once you use an attack you cannot change your mind. Choose carefully and act fast.
- We are starting off a bit slow, but that's only so I can see what is going on. If there is a lot of damage dealt, I will include more healing opportunities next round to balance out. Same vice-versa.
- Use whatever you can to your advantage, but be careful. Consider the weight of the gain and the consequences before making a decision.
- You can only use each attack ONCE. That's it. Just send the screenshot in an e-mail labeled with scores, and send another describing what you wish to do. This way, you can send the screenshots first, then focus on what you'll do.
- You may attack yourself if you really wish.
- Items can be saved for as long as you wish. You cannot, however, use items after you die (that wouldn't be fair, now would it?).
- All in all, use your best judgment. Be prepared for almost anything. I won't go so detailed next time, you'll be on your own.

I may add more attacks before the round is over. The latest date for me adding additional moves is Sunday, Nov. 25th.

Scores must be submitted by Monday, Nov 26th. Actions must be submitted by Tuesday, Nov. 27th.

Current Status:

2. kailure - 629/780 HP (Inventory: P1) [12: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1H, 2WS] [19: 1A, 1F, 1H]
4. xplayfan - 543/564 HP [11: 1B] [17: 1A]
8. blindreper1179 - 545/593 HP [11: 1D, 1F]
10. Praben - 325/346 HP [17: 1G]
11. behanjc - 606/616 HP [17: 1H]
12. rshadow8888 - 575/583 HP (Inventory: P1, DS) [11: 1A]
17. Sprite- - 925/905 HP [29: 1E]
19. brandonmcginnis - 404/522 HP (Inventory: P1) [29: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1H]
23. gabgabo - 31/31 HP
29. Xx{Midday}xX - 515/595 HP (Inventory: P2, WS) [19: 1B, 1C] [11: 1C, 1G, 1H]

Eliminated/Did not submit first round:

1. dashoe93
3. masterhickle
5. emerald000
6. AK_Parker
7. DarkManticoreX2
9. TK_Breed
13. lumphoboextreme
14. Mitchtyler
15. Matrixdude
16. AOD_ELEMENT - [8: 1A, 1B, 1C, 1G, 1H] [17: 1B] -83 HP
18. adlp
20. gnr61
21. orlando2k7
22. KilikOdagawa
24. TS_SonicMaster
25. cyrx900
26. mike2727
27. vengefullangel - (Inventory: DS) <- What a waste lol
28. flipsta_lombax
30. Black Yoshi

P.S. No one may use this idea for a tournament without my direct permission. Only when I get tired of making these tournaments (maybe the first one will be the last) I will announce that the idea is free for use.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 11-27-2007 at 02:43 PM..