View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #299
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: A list of all Major Simfile Packs for StepMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Although I am willing to do it. I just have to download anything I don't already have. I could also change the downloads page to be more organized or include more relevant information. The original point was just to have the common stuff to reduce the amount of people lacking files online.
I wish houkouonchi would get back to me regarding this, I really want to help upload and index all of the packs I have downloaded (as well as look for various packs that haven't been listed here). The more packs that are uploaded and indexed, the better (regardless of popularity or perceived quality, and more popular packs can stand out somehow so newer users know where to start).

We really need to get these packs off of mediafire and other file sharing websites out of user control, and put them somewhere like SMO as soon as possible.

Also as far as this thread goes, you've already seen I went through EVERY pack link and mirror already in the past to test working / broken links fairly quickly. Considering I am on FFR as well as SMO every day for at least a little while, I don't think I would have any problem managing this thread in terms of detecting broken links or new packs through FFR or SMO. Plus I could thumb through the indeed pack engine search and probably turn up a few things that were never added here, and could update new mirrors / packs / links rather easily. Monotonous tasks are my thing, they really are.