Old 05-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #92
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Starcraft 2 Tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
See that's the problem! I can't react & adapt fast enough.. I guess that comes with time and training.

For example, I play T&Z, half half. When I'm Z, I usually get steamrolled by 4gate or some weird 3rax push (5:30~7min) because I tend to play with FE instead of early roach pressure, etc.. and then I mismanage my units (lings, queen, huh?!) and get raped.

As T, I almost always end up taking the game to mid-game (so.. 15~20 minutes) and end up losing because of constant harasses and / or my mismanagement of units and economy.

And I don't want to cheese in 1v1 x(
Well, yes, it gets better with training.

You could post a replay if you want and I can take a look at it to see if you're doing anything obviously wrong other than simple mismanage, which happens to everyone of every league.

I've been beating masters T players in customs lately, but am having more trouble vs Z. I find them irritating to deal with in middle game, though late game is less of a problem. I find that P is relatively fragile in this matchup before colossi, because roach+speedling is very strong, and with hydra almost unstoppable without splash. However, vs T can be quite forgiving as long as you're good with FFs.

PvP is a very annoying matchup though. It always feels like a coin flip, since expanding is so hard D: I lost PvP to a roflbadmacro gold player that did a chargelot timing when I went FE (scout a non-4gate and figured it was safe) and messed up my FFs when he came at me, then next game beat a master that botched his blinks XD

I actually think expanding might be indefensible in PvP and is build order loss until you're almost mined out, since 4 gate blink-allin is impossible to stop if you put up an expo, even though you can quickly go 6 gate off an expo. You just can't get the gates up fast enough, plus you also lack blink. So...expand and lose, or hope your opp does not blink stalker all in.

With the state of the game right now though, there's just no reason not to because it's ridiculously hard to defend...and the warp gate nerf really only nerfs other types of 4 gates.

Last edited by Reach; 05-26-2011 at 10:06 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote