Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #91
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG
Default Re: Starcraft 2 Tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
See that's the problem! I can't react & adapt fast enough.. I guess that comes with time and training.

For example, I play T&Z, half half. When I'm Z, I usually get steamrolled by 4gate or some weird 3rax push (5:30~7min) because I tend to play with FE instead of early roach pressure, etc.. and then I mismanage my units (lings, queen, huh?!) and get raped.

As T, I almost always end up taking the game to mid-game (so.. 15~20 minutes) and end up losing because of constant harasses and / or my mismanagement of units and economy.

And I don't want to cheese in 1v1 x(
Watch your replays, even if you win, and see what it is you do wrong, and attempt to correct one mistake per game from then on out.

You won't ever play a flawless game. There's always something, somewhere you could of improved. A reaction to something, learning to scout a build order quicker, picking a better scout path for proxies, cheese counters, tightening up your timing, etc.

Even if it was inconsequential in the game you played, it will all add up and it is important to understand that every little thing will matter, if not in the current game, maybe ten games down the road, so you might as well be overly critical of yourself now.

The different in knowledge from 100 1v1 played to 500 is staggering.

Also, watch the GSL or other pro leagues. That's where you can pick up new ideas and see how pros counter situations where you got rolled. You won't be able to execute it as well, but at least seeing how it is done puts that in your mind, and that is much better than scratching your ass without a clue.

I hit diamond 2v2 before I moved out of bronze in 1v1, and used 2v2 as an opportunity to improve macro mechanics and get two looks per game at cheese rushes and timings to just get used to things in 1v1, but the truth is the only way to get better at it is well, to do it.

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

Last edited by SpookG; 05-25-2011 at 12:37 PM..
SpookG is offline   Reply With Quote