Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #74
skishmonkey72
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to skishmonkey72
Default Re: FFR Playing Style and Hand Position Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezion View Post
My point here was that you could still cut jack speed in half without double binding, depending on your keyboard setup. A touch keyboard would be ideal for this; bind your down arrow to a large button (such as the enter) and you could just spam press it with multiple, achieving the same effect. Timing between multiple hands is still a pain if you're trying to achieve perfects, and that jack scenario is one of the few advantages.
As far as I know, this is not against the rules, but double-setup is. We are not discussing different keyboards and keypress depths, I had the idea we were discussing double-setup.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to play with everything you've got and still have it challenging?
By "everything you've got" it's implied that double-setup is included, which is cheating. Well, so shouldn't we all use cheats on every computer game and still have it challenging? Even challenging enough so that we can't beat it without cheats?

Quote:
I think that this percieved advantage of the double setup
Perceived? Did I hear you right? I think it's a lot more than just perceived...

Quote:
...[the advantage double-setup] is being blown up a bit too much; not often do I find myself having the processing cycles to decide to split a jack into two fingers, unless it's ridiculously long.
The advantage of hacking is being blown up a bit too much; not often do I find myself having the time/guts/resources to decide to hack a high score on a song, unless it's ridiculously hard.

...Hmmm, I think I've heard that line of thinking before. Not calling you a hacker in any way though, thought I should make that clear.

Quote:
If we're aiming to completely balance all styles, then
WHOA WHOA WHOA... stop there. Who told you anybody was aiming to completely balance all styles? That is not what we were talking about, or I am blind.

Quote:
1) What's the point of having different styles,
Personal preference, comfort, enjoyment. What else?

Quote:
and 2) spread players already have an advantage over single handed players, in fatigue if nothing else, no?
The difference here is that double-setup is cheating and spread is not cheating.

Quote:
The reason this analogy falls apart is because every human being is born with two hands, while not every human being is born with dope. The better ones are using what they were given more efficiently.
By your logic: Just as human beings are not born with dope, FFR does not come shipped with key remappers that allow you to use double-setup.

I am done arguing this, thank you.