View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #64
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak
Default Re: FFR Playing Style and Hand Position Guide

This looks like it would be a useful guide to various playing styles, and having it stickied might help cut back on the number of new threads posted on this subject. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is meant to cover every single key and finger combination. I think it's supposed to get the most common ones, and leave out slight variations on these. For example, something like the asl; spread could be any two adjacent keys on the left hand and any two adjacent keys on the right hand. Maybe you like sdkl or as;' or even different levels like as,. or zxkl. You get the idea. Hopefully people can use the guide here to get the general idea with most of the basic styles and use whatever variation is most comfortable for them.

One style I've considered, but not really used, is using hjkl one-handed, with four fingers. In some programs like vi/vim these keys can function like the arrow keys, and I think some old rogue-like games also use them as direction keys. Someone who was already used to using these keys in that way might find remapping them for FFR use as a good way to play. I'm not though, so I've never seriously attempted it. I thought I'd mention it anyway, and no, you don't have to include this in the first post. I imagine it's pretty rare, if it's used at all.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote