Old 03-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #63
skishmonkey72
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to skishmonkey72
Default Re: FFR Playing Style and Hand Position Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezion View Post
Why isn't double setup allowed? I naturally split the left and up arrows on left hand and the right and up arrows to right hand, rarely crossing over. Also, I've been using this style for about 4 months, and it hardly gives me godmode. If I were to use both hands on the arrow keys I could theoretically share the same button on a 3mm press keyboard to basically split jack speed in half the same way you would with double setup. It's almost identical to the aforementioned spread except you have the option of instantly switching the allocation of which arrows to which side you want, rather than moving your hand across the keyboard.

Am I prohibited from using a style I've worked on for several months, and operates completely off my own reflexes and note comprehension? Two handed styles are obviously already in use.
Not sure we're all talking about the same idea here.

Double setup: Mapping keys so that any of the arrows can be pressed by more than one key at the same time. This would allow you to jack the down arrow really fast by "trilling" the two keys you have set for the down arrow, or with any arrow. An example would be using the arrow keys AND wasd (all 8 keys, or at least more than 4 of the keys) to press the four standard arrows in any game of FFR. If I wanted to cheat using double-setup with WASD, for the part of AIM anthem that just jacks the <v jump, I'd press <v AS <v AS really fast so I'd only be playing half as fast as any player in a legit playing style. Double setup does NOT refer to splitting up the four keys on both sides of the keyboard. As long as you're only pressing four keys, you're fine.