View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 09:20 PM   #38
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [POST-GAME]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
your read was on something that shouldn't have been in the thread in the first place, because ciphers don't belong in TWG
All I'll add here is I don't remember it being in the rules, I don't remember discussions that implied it was an issue, I don't recall a mod pointing it out in sign ups. It absolutely was something that could be there before any rule against it is made.

If we're changing that moving forward, that doesn't change this game's use of it or it's context.

Quote:
this is, confusing, I can see that now. What is a masonchat, or a jailorchat, other than a discussion with another player? This will be remedied before the next game begins. If you (or anyone) has any suggestions for how to make this distinction clearer, I'd love to hear it.
Personally if it's a copy/pasta that could easily be faked I think it probably doesn't destroy the integrity of the game any more then claiming and probably generates content

BUT I get some setups this isn't gonna fly, so we should handle it like the other rules and just have the host turn it on and off.

So by default, it's how you describe it: no sharing, period, of host made and monitored chats. That makes OOTC sharing on by default without any other work. Then we just make a rule that overrides it

Something like "Information Share" or whatever. No pics, but otherwise sharing is on (it's important to me that it still be possible to fake the logs for the majority of players, The way I think you feel about ciphers is how I feel about letting town provide hard evidence about their PMs/Logs

So then in sign ups it's easy to tell where we sit
Insta Lynch: On
KitB: On
Phantoms: Off
OOTC: On
Info Share: Off

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote