View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #617
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2017 albums halp

Day 425: Zimpel/Ziołek by Zimpel/Ziołek (Album Choice: Crazyjayde)

I have no idea what I'm getting into with this album, Google Play Music didn't even find album art. Based on song titles and lengths alone I'm expecting some jammy folk and jazz shit.

And I was right. I remember last year I reviewed that Goat album which was a major disappointment... Did that sound similar to this? I forget what that album sounded like, I think I just blocked it from my memory because it didn't have David Yow anywhere to be found in it. Compared to how I liked that one though, this one is much more enjoyable. A pretty spacey vibe a lot of the time, a more folksy vibe at others, and consistently engaging throughout. I especially like the breathier jazz parts of Memory Dome and Fourth Molar as well as the electronics in the latter. I also like how none of the tracks seem unjustified in their length, likely aided by the short length of the album. The only immediate change I'd personally make is removing any sung lyrics.

Maybe, just maybe, my top 10 for the year won't just be hip-hop and electronic shit. Maybe.

Best Track: Memory Dome
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote