View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I have a video from fb about gaining muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Thanks guys! Unrelated, but what about whey protein shakes? I drink one serving, 1 cup of formula, 6 ounces of water, in the morning to replace breakfast. Does that do anything, or should I drink it right after working out?
I try to get 70% of my body weight in protein a day (good for someone who is not on steroids). So...I weigh about 213. That means I try to shoot for at least 140g of protein because 213 X .7 = 149. I'm not always hitting it, but I'm pretty damn close for the most part.

Pretty sure this is broscience, but whey protein shakes seem to be more helpful post-workout (after the workout) than before - this is because your protein synthesis is heightened after a workout. It's ideal to consume protein while this is happening (at least...that's what I've been told). Imo, you can take protein anytime during the day as long as you're getting a sufficient amount of protein per day.

However, I do drink two shakes a day. Sometimes I get lazy and don't feel like making breakfast and it's nice to have something after the workout. They usually look something like this...

2 table spoons of peanut butter
1 table soon of coconut oil
2 scoops of whey
2 table spoons of honey
1 banana
Around a cup of almond milk.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 03-15-2017 at 12:04 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote