Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 03-8-2011, 01:19 AM   #521
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Settings are saved in a flash save file. Which is saved per application, controlled by flash itself.
Well I'd thought I let you guy know something I realized, but you may know already.

I was looking up Stepmania Micro, which is an experimental Stepmania game using HTML. It's being worked on and tested on multiple browsers.

I took it upon myself to connect my external USB keyboard into my Wii and use the Wii's internet browser to try it. It is powered by opera, which supports this stepmania experiment. I checked it and it was a huge fail, the game couldn't even start.

I was a bit curious, and I visited FFR on the Wii and tried the game. I was really surprised to find that the game works perfectly. I play index, so the default button layout doesn't bother me. I noticed that I had to play songs around 8 because the Speed mod couldn't be edited. I tried to change it and save it, but once I exited the settings, it just reverted back to default. The gameplay was smooth, and there was no lag in time (at least imo). Being a long time DDR player, the 1x (C310 is it?) mod wasn't that hard to read for me. But the higher difficulty songs are too dense to read without some sort of custom speed mod. Using my keyboard on the Wii was no problem. and the Wii-mote as a mouse worked perfectly fine.

I was wondering if you guys would like to look into this. If you can make FFR function on the Wii using its Internet Channel, you can make it playable on TV's and whatnot. Just a suggestion, but the game has no noticeable problem. I don't recall trying the Velocity engine though.

Just to expand your game to more browsers and "consoles" in a sense.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 03-8-2011 at 01:26 AM..
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote