View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #30
PrincessCaderpio
Banned

Default Re: what's the difference between a personal attack, an insult, and a true statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post

it seems that, for every insult, e.g.
"you're stupid"
this can just be expanded on, to e.g.
"you're stupid" --> "you're being stupid" --> "you're being thoughtless" --> "you have not given this issue due diligence"
Buddha washed life down enough to say that all suffering stems from ignorance. Furthermore, the dhammapada describes many ignorant actions as ones done by fools. It basically says 'you're foolish' which could easily be the same as 'you're stupid' and it's a well-renowned religious text for like, one of the most pacifistic religions around, and it literally has insults embedded in it. In it's case though, the insults are of a general, non-directed nature, and intended to make people think things through more as a general matter of course. Nor is there anything about them actually being -right-

I seem to one of those people that can be insulted from literally anything. I'm specifically remembering that 1 TWG I played on here where I chewed someone's head off for being too nice to me because I perceived I was being treated differently due to not having a dick and it fucked up the game royally because it wasn't clear, due to it being in a game setting, that that was my actual intention for ranting. Good times!