View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #66
RB_IcePh0enix
FFR Player

Default Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on FFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
To all you vegetarians and vegans out there, I understand it but lets say you're at a BBQ and somebody has prepared way to much meat that can't all be eaten. The person who threw the BBQ is going to throw all the meat out after everybody is done eating. Besides for the reason of possibly being so anal about not going any where near the **** they put into animals like steroids and stuff, why not eat the meat if it's going to be thrown out?
As Rubin0 said, vegetarians would likely get sick. And honestly, I just don't have a desire to eat meat (except occasionally Chick Fil A and KFC lol). I've never liked BBQ anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prongsie View Post
Even though you are vegetarian, it doesn't really change anything. Animals are still going to be put in a slaughter house and then packaged up & shipped to your local grocery store. If you don't eat it, the other chunk of the population that does eat meat, will. Or, as fido said, it'll be thrown out. Simple as that.
Supply and demand dude. If less people purchase meat, less meat will be produced. Simple as that.

Quote:
I also don't understand why vegans don't drink milk, either. Milking a cow doesn't ensue their death, lol
First off, male dairy cows are killed at a young age for veal. So buying milk indirectly supports the veal industry. Dairy cows are kept in a constant cycle of pregnancy and lactation which is not natural for them. Normal cows live 15 to 20 years, yet dairy cows live only 4 to 6 years. Being vegan is making an effort to avoid all forms of industry that exploit animals. It's a pretty radical concept I admit, but I truly believe that all animals have inherent worth and deserve a life free from captivity.

here's a pretty good list of reasons to go vegan:
http://www.humanecarolina.org/vegan.html
RB_IcePh0enix is offline   Reply With Quote