View Single Post
Old 01-4-2017, 03:21 PM   #151
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: 2017 TWG Rules Thread

Soonfun's saying he'll start killing grandmas if we make him have to deal with each case individually.
I happen to like my grandma.
I say we "mod" "kill" sunfan for the safety of grandmas everywhere.
------------------------------------

Speaking of killing mods combating inactivity, modkills need to be exercised more consistently and enforced more strictly. Post reqs should be implemented in tiered subphases, especially for longer dayphases. What I mean by that is, say, for a 72hr D0, you'd have a specific postreq for the first 24 hrs, another postreq for the second 24hrs, and a third postreq for the last 24 hrs.

The requirements per subphase could differ or stay the same, dependant on mod-choice. For example, postreqs could look like:
D0(1/3) is 10 posts, any content
D0(2/3) is 5 content-heavy posts, 10 content-normal, or a combination of the above.
D0(3/3) is same as 2/3.

By splitting longer phases into smaller subphases for postcount, mods can more easily enforce activity. If a player fails to meet the postreqs for any three consecutive subphases, or fails to meet the postreqs for a total of five non-consecutive subphases, then that player is immediately subject to a modkill.

To avoid wolves from taking advantage of this by deliberately waiting until right before a modkill before replacing:
If a player wishes to replace out, they must notify the mod prior to the start of their final subphase. For example, if a player failed to meet the postreq for 1/3 and wishes to replace out, the mod must be notified before the 48hr mark passes (end of 2/3)
Alternatively, mods may prefer to simply refuse replacements players with two consecutive subphase postreq failures, or three/four non-consecutive subphase postreq failures.

This way, postreqs are implemented in a way that allows for consistent activity in the game, with consistent (no-exception) modkills for inactivity. The exact details could use some fine - tuning, but I think it'd be a good system to implement after working them out. Thoughts?

EDIT:

To clarify, I think subphases should always be 24hrs in full-sized games to allow for every possible time in a day for someone to be able to meet the subphase requirements.
In 48hr phases, there would be two enforceable subphases within each day phase, each with their own postreqs (dependent on modchoice).

Also, when someone fails to meet the postreq for a subphase, they would be notified and given an updated count of their failures/subphase participation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

Last edited by ShadoWolfe; 01-4-2017 at 03:41 PM..
ShadoWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote