View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #98
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: 2016 TWG Rules Thread

1) in favor of counting votes in correct tags only, but also making it clear and a must-read what those tags are. i actually didn't realize until i looked that it didn't seem to be stated formally anywhere.

i haven't played with fennec fox, can it handle two different sets of tags, or does it just look at the realized text formatting? if the former, moving to twgv as the sole vote option might be better, though that spells an end to anything else being in bold red ever

2) i think i would prefer this to be game specific unless some mod for each game says they're up to it. something hard and fast is only good if it can be consistently applied, which makes me think it would have to either be "lock always" or "lock never"

nighttalk = off for me entails "don't post" rather than "you cannot post", even if the latter interpretation would have a net positive effect on games

also, a mod who is in a game should probably not be the same one in charge of lock/unlock, as much as we want people to be reasonable people; part of me thinks it just reflects badly to give someone with direct influence on the game that responsibility

it does look like both active mods are in favor of this though, so i guess i like the host opt-out idea sunfan said
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote