View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: Lofty x Mina Pre-Minty 2 [Official] Partial Release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia- View Post
I like these dude, they're organic deviations from the coldly calculated designs of accepted theory. Full release when?
I'm usually not serious on this site, but aight fine

Thanks, man. I wouldn't have said it so eloquently, but that's pretty much where I'm coming from as a simfile author.

Some would probably argue that to chart dump files is to inherently believe in this deviation, but over time I've seen (been playing this game for over 10 years now) that dump charting has now formed its own set of "accepted theory" that I think is contrary to that which is exemplary in the old guys' (midare, knoobish, bmx, mina et al) stuff. This accepted dump theory, I have perceived, is to release dumps which are easily scored upon and rated to push a players speed, which I think detracts from file character in a way that is unfun (this is really just an opinion, so, take this with a grain of salt.)

When I first really started to enjoy the game, it was because of the turn-of-the-head moments that I would often have in-game while playing these old midare pack files--moments that created a file identity outside of the song and its elements and revealed aspects of character in the stepfile author himself.

That's what I have and always will seek to strive for. People should know when a file is a lofty file the same way that someone should know something is a mina file or a skwid file. That isn't to say that technical charters don't have identities themselves, but I think it comes out more through their song choices (I'll always be able to recognize a Scintill, Wayward, or James May file just because they created their identity largely through the music). <3 u guys keep charting stuff pls.

My files are polarizing because I do what I want based on my own views of coherence and artistry.

Tldr
I create my identity through tapping out arrows when I'm drunk,
and I enjoy files when the music compliments the patterns, not when the patterns compliment the music.

Release date: in the future

@Flossy
Thanks for tapping through this thing m8
While I can't say much about your analysis of Bucurie, as you have a pattern bias for what the file is essentially all about,
I will absolutely address the transitions in los vino. Still on the fence with the hold 1 2 3 patterns in really doe. I'll think about it.

Also, Earl's verse is my fav too, I just have a hard time getting through songs hahaha

Last edited by lofty rhino; 08-23-2017 at 06:41 PM..
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote