Old 08-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #14
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Scoring Data in Brutal Difficulty Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
The skill rating system approximates the highest level you're capable of AAA'ing, and when a player's personal rating is higher than any AAA they've ever achieved, something's up. Current scaling awards a higher equivalency for 2-0-0-1 on a file rated x+1 in difficulty compared to a AAA on a file rated x, and I feel many players would agree the AAA in this instance is likely more impressive, assuming the charts are both rated appropriately.
Extreme low skill player opinion incoming, disregard as you like.

A factor to consider here though alongside drawing conclusions about the formula and the way it treats AAAs, with regards to "when a player's personal rating is higher than any AAA they've ever achieved" is that since the introduction of the skill rating system, there is no incentive at all to care about ever getting a AAA unless a) You care strongly about maximizing tier points or b) You're at the extreme top end where improving to a AAA where possible is one of the only ways to actually improve your skill rating.

I'm level 33, my best AAA Equiv is a 34.98 and my best AAA is my 68th highest score, and is on a 17. Could I AAA a 33? Depends hugely on the 33 and it would take a ton of time if at all. But I can -absolutely- AAA much higher than a 17, there's just no benefit for me to put in the replay time to do it, or cultivate the accuracy over speed/reading.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote