View Single Post
Old 08-7-2018, 01:30 PM   #10
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: Certificate/Diploma/Undergrad/Grad Qualifications

Heyo, I'm between my third and fourth year of a software engineering program right now, currently doing a 16 month internship. I've realized that in my field, a masters is really... unnecessary I suppose; it's more about your experience and contacts and how you display your knowledge.

In terms of what school itself was, it was all focused around pass/fail, with courses and assignments and exams designed as such, so basically the faculty's attitude was around helping each other rather than the cutthroat mentality that some programs or universities have; it was pretty nice actually. I've arguably learned more life skills here than I would've learned at the top university for my program in my area with thanks to the team mentality fostered here.

I would also 110% recommend internships, especially for any kind of field like this.

In terms of what I've taken: lots of programming courses and software design/architecture, as well as general engineering courses like physics/statics/statistics/maths/calc, and some neat electives like linguistics, philosophy, and a history course on heresy
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ

Last edited by Celirra; 08-7-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote