thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: Red Blaster wants to be unbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Saying we need him for activity is the worst reason
I am aware that I cropped out the last part of this sentence but I agree with this part a lot

EDIT: JEEZ, I really hope you guys know what kind of standard you're setting by not letting him play. Honestly, I don't see much harm in giving him a shot. He took some time away, probably played on another site or two (not entirely sure about this one) and wants to come back and show us that he is capable of playing in this environment. I think he can do so without making any waves. But, mostly importantly EVEN IF I AM WRONG AND HE CAN'T, he should still be given that chance.

Over the past 2-3 years, FFRTWG has gotten a lot more elitist, and I hate it. Its a lot harder for newer players to get into the game, and when they do play, I feel like they rarely stay, and they certainly get more flack from veteran players than they ever did. A lot of the reason I feel like jTWG was revived in the first place was because people wanted the newer players to stop watering down the quality of the "real" TWG games. There's a lot less crazy, mystery setups than there ever have been (which is ok), OOT is never on (which is ok) and its things like these that, with the effect intended or not, make FFRTWG drift more towards 2+2 and other sites. This is not a bad thing on its own. Hell, if its what people want, that's fine. But is having the attitude that permeates on those sites alright for FFRTWG is the real concern in my opinion. I'm rather afraid that it might be impossible to have one without having the other.

Personally, I'm not 100% ok with this. For years FFRTWG has been a place where people can just goof off while trying to win. The emphasis had always really been on the former, and thankfully, I don't think that this has changed yet. I think it is starting to, though.

What I'm getting at is, I think what the community wants as a whole regarding Red Blaster's eligibility says a lot about what we want FFRTWG to be as a whole. I'm honestly shocked so many people want him to stay banned. Forever. Just thinking about what that means makes me feel uncomfortable.

I talked about this before when people were giving Red Blaster shit, but I feel like people are voting with their hearts instead of their heads. People look back and they laugh about the time that V intentionally got Fiction and himself modkilled essentially ruining town's chances of a victory. Yes, he thought Fiction was a wolf. Was it ever ok for him to do what he did? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I hate to harp on V because he's not the only person who has done this (lurker, choof, DBP, Psycho among others who have threatened to post their PM at least once, even jokingly) but he also threatened to post his PM in the Rock-Paper-Scissors game, again, not just to troll but for strategic reasons (would take a long time to explain these).

However, when Red Blaster has threatened to post, or has posted his PM, the response has been different. And it should be. But we as a community cannot sit here and laugh about V posting his PM, thus allowing the wolves to win the next phase, (essentially throwing a game! see what I'm getting at here?) and then, on the same matter, condemn Red Blaster to the FFRTWG equivalent of eternal damnation.

This sucks to say but I feel like Red's getting the shafting simply because we don't like him or whatever. Please don't make it about that, guys. Please don't vote based on that. Vote how you would if you didn't know Red Blaster at all.

I'm a bit scared I made this post too late to matter, but its how I feel.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

Last edited by thesunfan; 09-29-2015 at 01:24 PM..
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote