Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 AM   #1458
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

That it is. Shoot, I'll cross post it here then.

I saw bmah's post in the suggestion thread and figured I would give this another try. Here is what he posted, and what I really agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
There really needs to be serious reconsideration for all of the veteran's privileges and determine which ones are fundamental and basic. Those that do fall into that category should immediately be released for all regular users. Truly non-essential features should be reserved for veteran users.
Current Vet Perks (if you can think of more, tell us what they are):
Early song release, beta level reader, credit transaction history, view others' levelranks, the veteran forum, top average players list, blue name, 25 max for PM's, token levelranks (was this changed?).

Early Song Releases note:
While we like the idea, we agree on this point that bmah made:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah
It seems rather backwards to suddenly take one song away from regular users and give that song to veterans. I'm talking about how everyone used to get four NEW songs per weekly releases. Now regular users are artificially set back one new song and get something that's "old news" amongst the veteran community. Not to mention this tends to decrease the talk and feedback about a particular song. As a simfile artist, I really appreciate people talking back and forth about the songs they get to play every week.
What should be moved to non-vet:
PM limit.
Quote:
PMs are basic in every internet forum. Differing privileges between two groups should not exist. Everyone should be able to submit the max amount of PMs and while one can argue that more than 5 senders is an option, it still doesn't really lend itself as a noticeable/significant "award" for veterans anyhow
Token levelranks.
Quote:
if tokens were relegated to veterans only, this would make sense. However, tokens are a supplement to the game that everyone can access.
Credit Transaction Log
Quote:
Another necessity that once again doesn't really lend itself as a reward an achiever (the veteran) can appreciate after all these years of playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator
"so-and-so screwed me on this transaction but I can't prove it cause I'm not a vet and can't view the log!"
What should be moved to vet (if any):
???

Is there anything we can add in to make becoming a vet something that makes it worth it? What could we do to get it back to where people actually wanted to get Vet status?

Current Suggestions:
Higher limit for saving replays. I thought this was the plan originally, but I think it got shelved for the time being.
New Vet tokens? I'm sure people have plenty of ideas for requirements.

My bad.