Old 11-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #103
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
No amount of you saying this is going to make it (non-vacuously) true

EDIT: I honestly can't believe certain people in this thread are being so pedantic about rules

There's these things called "common sense" and "inference" which, even if wording in a rules thread isn't clearly defined, help you get an idea of what not the fuck to do in the forum. It's not a goddamn legal document, it's a set of heuristics that help you not get kicked out of FFR.

It's pitiful that you need an itemized list of "what specific versions of the n-word can I use" as if being on the internet absolves you of any responsibility of being an actual decent human being. If the rules say "don't use slurs", why in God's name would you try to find out what specifically constitutes a slur? It's embarrassing.

I have no reason to suspect that bans are being given without transparency. What I do see is people trying to find out exactly where the line is and getting booted for toeing it. This isn't a transparency issue. Nobody has any obligation to write you a letter about what specific words you can and can't use here. Again, that's just pedantic and honestly if you're that interested in those edge cases, you are most likely not acting in good faith.

You don't get serious consequences for acting in good faith. Most of the ban cases I see are of people acting in bad faith, trying to "push limits" as if this social media platform is a fucking video game. There are bugs in this game, there are objects you can clip through, but if you actively trying to exploit the system then you deserve to be banned.
sorry im commenting again, but I've been accused of harassing people at school when i thought i was acting reasonably. in my case it was probably racially motivated (angry black woman trope lol) but "harass" is just too vauge a word, even for people who at least try to act in good faith. at least, im trying to do that now.

it's easy to misinterpret criticism as personal attacks if someone is criticizing something you put effort into.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote