Old 12-2-2017, 09:24 AM   #108
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer
Default Re: Do you have a religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post

The difference between Religion and the Dragon in the garage is that the Dragon doesn't have books dedicated to it with an entire segment of population preaching it + history marks left over multiple centuries.
Maybe that part of the population is crazy, but I like to think there's potentially more to it.
The part you're missing with this is that there are many, vastly different, religions which fall under the category of having "books dedicated to it with an entire segment of population preaching it + history marks left over multiple centuries.". Considering that basically every one of these religions say that "yo dawg, i am the one true religion", they can't all be correct. Also, the vast majority of people are not religious because they critically thought about the issue and decided that religion X is correct, they're religious because they were raised that way. I'm prepared to bet that if people were not taught from a young age to be religious and that anybody who disagreed with you was just wrong then religion would be far less common today. Living in Tennessee, I see this all the time. Basically everybody I know would call themselves Christians (and consider atheists to be literally Hitler), yet they can never provide a reason for their beliefs that doesn't boil down to "my parents told me that". Even further, it doesn't matter what people believe when we see literally no evidence for any religion. People used to think that lightning was caused by good ole' Zeus getting angry or some shit, that doesn't mean it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
posting to mention that loftys still wrong. carry on

wow nice degrees though not like you got straight a's at an ivy league tho check. mate. i win. bet ur dum n u suk
#funnygurladapretentiousjoke
Lofty is not wrong and you are making yourself look like an idiot, how about you do as he is doing and actually provide some evidence for your claim that he is incorrect?

Also, stop with this ivy league bullshit. You don't have to be smart to get decent test scores. You don't have to be smart to not get 64% in highschool classes. You don't have to be smart to be in fuckin clubs. I know complete idiots who have perfect highschool GPAs, I know complete idiots who have good ACT/SAT scores. Everybody I know who is a part of those extracurricular clubs and shit is a complete idiot. End this.