View Single Post
Old 07-3-2023, 12:32 AM   #385
NoobiesAreTheBest
actual worm
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 206: Betrayal at House on the Hill GAME THREAD

alright D1, no messing around, just going straight into game talk.

LAR NOOOOOOO :<

D0 End of Day:

Would not vote for Arp, Lar, Raeko, Lights
Would vote for Charu

Welcome H&H and Deamerai!

So uh, after reading this entire thread 2 times almost, here are my thoughs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
But what about when a wolf pretends to be the seer? The rest of us will have no way to know who is telling the truth
Now that one of the wolves is gone, there's no point in fake-claiming Seer as in chance of an evildoer doing that, we could simply one for one. Hopefully Seer can roam until D3-D4 and reveal with info.

Arp has a honest vibe in his posts. He is pretty game-oriented, even if he went off-topic on discussion I would still believe him being good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Lynches yield info

Keep in mind that we win as a team: if someone does d0 but their team wins, they get the W too. We're not forcing someone to lose the game this quickly
Lar has a great point here. Even if one of the townies die, they'll still get the team win, and we will slowly come closer to finding out the last traitor. Lar was also the one who switched the vote on Qwerty just 2 minutes before D0 concluded, and as it turned out, Qwerty was one of the traitors. I don't think this is a strategy of "bussing" (or whatever the term was), since Lar's original vote was on Ebe. Then again, if i recall correctly, that was just looking for an appropriate reaction from them.

Raeko has a good vibe. Involved in the game. Neat. And was involved in the lynching of Qwerty, so that's pretty good. Although she did vote for Ebe initially, but I'm assuming that's just because there was a choice between them. That's all I can say lmao

Now I don't really agree with Lights' idea. Sure, not lynching could benefit us from not losing voting power. But if the wolf gets a lucky hit on the Seer, we're basically f*cked. Without intel, we eventually have to go back in voting for someone, essentially flipping them and deducing if their response is sincere or not. That's why we have to work as VT, flipping everyone one by one while the Seer does his little job. Now I don't really want to flip the Seer until D3, that's a con. The Seer would barely have any info if we hit them either today (D1) or tomorrow (D2). Posting-wise, definitely town.

Charu, oh Charu... This might just be out of frustration since you were the first person to try flipping me out. But I get that. As I said before, "voting for someone, essentially flipping them and deducing if their response is sincere or not" is the best strategy for all the VTs. Okay, I have no experience in your specific playstyle as I've never played TWG here. Obviously both parties were involved pretty hard in the argument. Lights had a specific strategy, and you came with counterpoints to it. And I honestly agree with most of what you've said. Your posting just feels a little... unsincere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Also all the off-game posting could be a ploy!
You were as much involved as I was in off-game posting during the first hours of D0. I will say this though: usually there's nothing to talk about game-wise in the first hours, unless someone were to vote really early. Then the game talk would be brought up, and that's exactly what happened when Lar voted Ebe.
Quote:
Oh brother...
Going back on the argument topic, this was just unnecessary. You could've just left it there, instead of rubbing one last comment into Lights' face. And that was the snapping point when Lights switched her vote from Freezin to you. I wouldn't consider this as some sort of strategy, just simply rude lol
Quote:
freezinice
I might've missed something but I don't recall a reasoning being your vote for Freezin. Please correct me if I missed something, there's A LOT of information to process.

To the replacements that just joined town, please, post! Input is crucial. Without a lot of posts to go from, there wouldn't be lots of leads. Also you're free to do your own introductions :3. Just like Charu said,
Quote:
Please trust me when I say a low-poster / inactive is really bad for town. I've gone through SO MANY games where this happens and the wolves almost always make use of this to their advantage.
thank you for coming to my TED talk