View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #2250
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Grandtotal/Score Milestone thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Cherry picking songs to rank up is a bad idea to be honest.

You don't want to be that guy who's skill level 70 cuz he's AAA flight of bumble bee, vertex beta, heavenly spores, perfect cherry storm etc.

If you do this ^ what happens when you try a jack song like cs gun sounds or club? Are you suddenly level 60?
Getting better is getting better, those songs aren't breaking into D5 anyways
Also, by that logic AAAing Purple would be "worse" for his skill rating as an "outlier" (which it isn't really)
The only people I can think of that are actually affected by that kind of thing are Zageron, and to a vastly lesser extent DDRNGGin. It doesn't affect anyone else like that (at least D4+ range, at lower divisions outliers are extremely common)

It's less about here this'll give you a points boost, more of here are these songs which I think you'll do well on, testing consistency and overall helps towards real boosting

When I played Pandora and got 83.xx on it and next best was low 81.xx I said "yay -30 ranks" not "oh no I'm level 80 instead of 79"
There's a reason I was only in D3 and D4 for a total of 5 months combined
The goal isn't "how can I best pseudo-sandbag whatever", it's "how can I improve in any way possible"

A score improvement is a score improvement

In this case it's to unlock a skill token, those wouldn't even be capable of being his #1 or #2 scores and wouldn't come close to leveling him up
In this case it's building consistency in the top 15

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet

Last edited by Deidara837; 08-18-2016 at 01:21 PM..
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote