View Single Post
Old 10-8-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Zaevod
FFR Player

Default Re: Why is misanthropy not considered bigotry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I don't think anybody in the history of facebook that has posted "I hate all humans" is actually a misanthrope. They've had a bad interaction with someone and are being hyperbolic for attention.

Actual misanthropes don't have facebook because why would you want to interact with people if you can't stand people?

In fact, expressing misanthropic ideas to get attention or approval from other people is directly contradictory to what misanthropy is.
I see your point. Yes, I know most people who identify as misanthropes in the internet are not really such, but it's still strange how so many people seem to see this as a cool thing, rather than pointless whining.

Another very common thing, actually, are people who simply post on any content about animals and can't resist the urge to compare the cute animals to "those bastard, stupid evil humans that destroy the world". Sometimes, people act as if we're somehow "below" nature, even though we are a part of nature.

Even people in my family, sometimes, often make silly comments like "the human being truly is an evil thing" as a reaction to a particular crime done by a particular person. Those generalizations are almost always met with agreement, and this is what baffles me.

Last edited by Zaevod; 10-8-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Zaevod is offline   Reply With Quote