View Single Post
Old 12-7-2015, 01:50 PM   #7
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: [Serious] User Interface Class Final Project

Heads up, I don't know anything about design. Comments from the lay man:

/search.html:

- I think the search should be moved up or onto the header (your header might be a little too empty anyway). The way it looks on my monitor (1080p), it almost clips into my taskbar even though it doesn't scroll down and thus looks a bit awkward. There needs to be a bottom margin. (same thing happens when I shrink my browser)

/machine-learning.html:

- I don't think you should remove your header completely going into this page. A reduced width header would be better, removing it altogether seemed a bit off to me

- I don't know if it's relevant to the design critique, but the page seems to be missing summary elements that I would expect for describing the course. You know how there's always like a course description on learning pages, or information regarding the overarching topic? You have them for the topics in your tree, but not the topic itself. A bit like missing a home/root page, only being able to switch from topic to topic.

- The design resolution doesn't match your home page. It's too wide. Consider your left/right margins on the home page, or even the github page. Try to match your tree page match.

- The page breaks down when I shrink my browser. The same issue occurs on my phone browser. Not sure if you need to consider this, but it's a bad design flaw given growing internet compatibility with mobile resolutions.

- I can't unmark completed topics

[edit] one more thing: check your capitalization

Otherwise I thought it was pretty good, hope your group does well!
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Last edited by Wineandbread; 12-7-2015 at 01:55 PM..
Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote