View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 03:40 PM   #13
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
I never have paid attention in school. Other than my government class, I bullshit my way through most of it. I BS'd an entire English project and the teacher gave me a 100%, so I guess I'm doing something right. Nothing really keeps me interested in school (ever wonder why so many of my posts are during school hours?). I need to be interested in a topic to genuinely care about it. My problem doesn't lie on if I should drop from high school, but more about what I can do to change my life before I get out of high school. I've been doing the same thing every day since I stopped playing hockey, and it's gotten old as of late. I would try to get back into hockey, but getting new goalie equipment is expensive, and the chances of me making a team after being out of the game for 4 years is very improbable. The whole getting compared to my sister thing started when I was in 8th grade. I was forced to take the entry test to the school I initially went to, and when I passed it and got accepted, my mom forced me to go to the school. If my sister had never gone to the school, my mom wouldn't have this idea that I need to be like my sister. While she never says it, I know that's what she means.

EDIT: If any of you care, the website to that school is here.
I split this specific post into three sections to deal with the mindset behind this post. Yes, I read the OP, and to be honest I'd rather have a personal conversation with you about that because I was in the precise situation you were in.

Bolded is a terrible mindset to carry not only at a young age but in general. You not paying attention and claiming you bullshat your way through so far is a different problem than the problem you proposed in your OP. Why do you feel the need to not pay attention (you did say you have to be interested in a topic to be general attentive) and not put in the effort? It seems like the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" applies directly to this bolded statement because it seems like your natural ambition to learn is shot into the ground (this too is another issue on its own). The last sentence in bolded statement is evident proof of what I have stated being somewhat true.

Italic section is entirely a separate issue from trying to find your path in your life. You are self-admitting that you have no ambition to learn something new and that is legitimately shooting yourself in your foot. Why? I'd rather you answer me in private on my "Why" questionings because to me, it seems more deeper than what you put out in this forum. Another example of bad mindset is your statement of "...and the chances of me making a team after being out of the game for 4 years is very improbable.". If Hockey is one of the very few things that interests you, then you should have the natural ambition to actually play, improve, and try out for a team. Again, why? At this point, my mind points to you having some insecurity issues, and it could potentially be because of sibling comparisons.

Underlined is another separate issue that I stated directly above this clause. Your mother forcing something upon you is generally bad, but sibling comparison does have problems in general such as insecurities. It can help or hurt someone; usually the younger sibling, and you can still do something with your life beside this but at this point my best suggestion is to find ambition in what you do currently or something you want to do.

I do realize that the post I have quoted is in reply to Haku's post, but nevertheless the general point I'm trying to make still applies to you.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote