Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
k thx guys I'll try those decks out once I have enough cards/dust

in the meantime though, I tried making some decks on my own. here's what happened:

first I tried to make a paladin deck, tried to hold until late game to play big cards, so to help board control I shoved in 2 consecrations. once again, my shit luck comes back. 2 games in a row, I let the opponent build up the board with small monsters while I card draw, and ONE consecration would've turned control over to me by wiping the entire enemy board, leaving him with no cards in his field or hand. 12 draws the first game, no consecration. 15 draws the second game, still no consecration. third game I draw both consecrations on the first hand, which both turned out to be useless against large single-target threats

so after losing all 3, I decided to make a new deck. I made this warlock low-cost minion deck (which I later found out the community calls "zoo" or something like that). it seemed to work brilliantly, giving me a 100% win rate out of 5 games in casual (none of them being rogue). so I took it to ranked, and lost against 4 rogues in a row. lost my win streak and dropped a rank

why does this game hate me

MMR fluctuates very quickly in Casual. If you tank a couple of games you'll get matched against bad opponents. That could be why your deck did so well.

Post it if you want, I'll tell you what's wrong with it.

With respect to paladin, that's a risk you have to take. Variance happens. You need as much removal in your hand as possible because you rarely have any early game presence, and if you don't draw your removal, you lose. Seems fair to me, since if Paladin always had it they'd never lose given how strong their end game can be.

If your opponent isn't an idiot though he won't walk completely into a consecrate. I usually hold back minions I could have played and just wait for it, or drop deathrattles since the bigger issue is pyro+equality.

Shit dude you think that is bad, way worse happens to everyone. I just queued against rogue in ranked as Warlock, and had a beautiful opener as 2nd. Went something like this.

Imp Voidwalker Gnome and Undertaker. Gonna be pretty hard for rogue to beat going first, so I just slow play it and play the undertaker since I can coin whenever. He backstabs it and plays scrubs. I'm annoyed, but shit happens. Anyway, top an imp, so I drop both imps and coin out a voidwalker. Right back in it. Guy backstabs my imp, SIs the other one and then kills the void walker. Lost the game.

As it turns out though he gets really greedy and goes for face allowing me to make some void terror / Narubian + PO plays later on to come back. I end up with like two 8/9s both taunted from DoA and some other shit on the board. GG, since I have 15 health. He has 4 cards in his hand and no minions in play just an assassins blade. No way I can lose.

He double deadly poisons and blade furies and clears my entire board. He passes his turn. I'm fucking shocked. I tap and just play some stuff. I can probably still win anyway since he had maybe 10 health at this point.

Next turn he Leeroys and double eviscs me in the face to clear his hand for 14 which kills me because I tapped.

Shit happens man.

Last edited by Reach; 08-23-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote