View Single Post
Old 01-2-2013, 01:01 AM   #16
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
5 OC Remixers : If we drop out Game Remix as a genre, then Pops should be used. But I really don't know what Pops is. Is it a derivative of Pop ?
Actually, it's probably one of those inconsistencies like many other genres. "Pops" is just as acceptable as "Pop", but I think we'll just stick with the latter.

Quote:
Toxic : I do think Post-Hardcore is an accurate genre for the song. As far as Hardcore (EDM) goes, I don't think it is very confusing. There's also Hardcore Hip Hop or Hardcore Punk which are two other genres that have no link whatsoever to Hardcore music.
I was more concerned about "Hardcore" being mixed up in terms of a noun. If you look here, most of the music on FFR that's labelled as "Hardcore" is probably digital hardcore; however, I never ever see that term being used, and such music is often just referred to as "hardcore". Hence my concern for the mixup between "hardcore punk/metal" vs "hardcore dance music". Both are legitimate existing genres, but frequently call themselves "hardcore" (and hardly anything else otherwise).

Quote:
A. Dvorak : Was wondering why there's no classical composer with its full name. Is this to save space ?
I don't know. That was probably an arbitrary decision, but typically if someone's name is too long, it's common to just spell out the last name. Maybe this one was done as an attempt for maintaining that consistency.

Quote:
Ieva's Polka (Basshunter Remix) : Is the genre more known as "Hands Up" ?
Certainly. Hands/Handz Up is sometimes referred to as Eurodance as well. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hands_Up

I'll even quote something legit from the Urban Dictionary (out of all places):
"A genre of trance music which typically ranges between 138 and 145 BPM. It has themes in common with Euro, Trance, Happy Hardcore, and Hardstyle. It is typically unpretentious; very poppy and commercial."

Quote:
BELUGA : Link still works (http://www.muzie.ne.jp/artist/a060881/). Muzie changed its domain from co.jp to ne.jp. That's where some of the mistakes in the links come from notably. Thanks for the link! I'll try to find more about him now I know a little bit more about him.
I checked that already, and I didn't make mention of that because of this: link works, but I highly highly doubt it's the same person. I've never seen eoll be known as SummerXpress. However, if it still matters to you, I can find eoll's email address (but no website).
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote