Old 10-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #47
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: Levels of "Wisdom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Let's have some fun talking about this.
I made this thread for fun with the idea that we could casually discuss what it means to be wise or insightful by introducing a concept I thought was fun. Categorization, for some reason, is something I like when I read about a topic. It helps me visually imagine separate cases and concepts for me to understand individually before I look at the larger picture, whatever it may be.

I don't see what's wrong with analyzing something just because it's fun. I never said this was academically rigorous in any sense (in fact, the opposite), and I never suggested this would necessarily have direct applications in the real world, and I most certainly would not even go near suggesting that we should segregate people's rights or privileges using some kind of metric such as this.

And I'm not labeling attributing a negative generalization to an entire group of people either. I didn't say that all people of a certain kind fall into tier 1 because they're that stupid, or even anything remotely similar to that. I'm by definition categorizing people of particular traits together, which is totally different. It's like saying that categorizing people above 250 pounds as obese is prejudice against fat people.

So I don't see what the fuss is about.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote